ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wellington gonzalezAdobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 8:05:03 pm

I've been working with a video for a while. I used PP 2014 with not problem, but as soon as I upgraded to CC 2015 Ive been getting issues playing the video. Premiere is not crashing. I tried another projects. They play fine the first or two times and then after that they won't play again. The play button switches from play to stop but nothing happens. I've tried the FCPx and the videos play fine. I have the footage in a external HD using Thunderbolt.

Thanks for the help.

Imac 27- late 2013
3.5 i7
Memory 8GB
Nvidia GeFOrce GTX 775M 2048MB

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 10:10:49 pm

Make sure you update to 2015.0.1.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

wellington gonzalezRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:08:15 pm

Thanks Ann! I have the version that you are saying, and I still have the same problem.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Darva CampbellRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 30, 2015 at 1:43:23 pm

I'm in PP6 - but this has happened to me a dozen times. Changing my audio hardware preferences has solved the problem each time.

Return to posts index

Zach MelansonRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 30, 2015 at 2:31:44 pm

I am on a iMac with Yosemite 10.10.4 using the latest version of CC (2015.0.1)

I am having the same issue, and the audio hardware preference fix isn't working. The only option for 'default output' is 'built-in output' Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Darva CampbellRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 30, 2015 at 4:54:21 pm

Here are the other things I've heard people try:
-Clean your cache.
-Copy and paste your sequence into a new timeline.
-Sign into your computer under another admin user.
-Reboot your computer.
-Do a permissions repair via disk repair.
-Navigate to /YOUR_HD/Library/Preferences. Then rename the com.apple.audio.AggregateDevices.plist file, or move it to the trash
-Log in to your computer as the root user. Once you are logged in as root, relaunch your Adobe software and repeat the process that generated the error. After you have verified that the software functions correctly, you can return to your regular user account. For information on enabling the root user, see the Apple documentation on enabling the root user account, located here.
Update your system software to Mac OS 10.7.x

I have tried all of these things, but the only one that has worked for me is the audio preference change I spoke of earlier. It sure is frustrating, though, isn't it!?! :)

Return to posts index

Neal PetroskyRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 31, 2015 at 7:14:42 pm

It's been happening to me quite a bit. I end up just quiting and restarting. Adobe is really going down hill on the quality of their releases.

Return to posts index

Paul LeavittRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 5:41:08 am

Ok, so I tried everything that Darva Campbell recommended, and I do mean EVERYTHING (awesome advice btw. I was sure one of them would fix my problem), and I still had this problem. What I discovered to actually be the problem was one of my multicam sequences. After restarting Premiere, I could scrub, play back, and preview video and audio, but as soon as I tried playing any of that multicam sequence, it all just stopped. So for now I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way and cut between my two cameras by hand.
Anyone else had trouble with multicam sequences?
Paul

Return to posts index

Drew LahatRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:56:00 pm

Ah, the good-old "play doesn't work" problem. This "behavior" has been around since the original CC. Thankfully I don't see it happen much, but it did just happen to me this week. In my case a restart solved the problem.
One case it always happens is if Transmit is enabled and Resolve is running - since Resolve snatches the Blackmagic card and Premiere doesn't know "what to do".

Since it's happening to you with a specific multicam sequence, can you rebuild that sequence? Sounds like a corruption specific to that project/sequence. Also, can you transcode the footage into another format (proxies) and try?

Return to posts index

Mike PostupakRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:31:42 pm

I have definitely narrowed it down to a multicam sequence. I troubleshooted with all different variations and it seems to lock up after processing a multicam with video and stand alone .wav file. Works fine with multiple video files that have audio, but when I process with a external audio file it locks up.
Probably a bug on their release? Works fine in CC2014.

Return to posts index

Joe BenderRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 26, 2015 at 3:09:17 am

Hey guys,
I've been banging my head against this problem all day. First everything stops playing in Premiere — not just one project, all of them; not just PPro 2015, but also 2014 — and then I eventually reinstall and get video playback back, but still no audio!

I've tried systematically adjusting all the parameters in the audio preference panel, as I said I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I tried all of Darva's suggestions above, and nothing has changed. Any other thoughts?I'm at my wits' end.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Return to posts index

Daniel PiattRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 6:28:42 pm

I have the exact same issue. Never seen it before.

I created a series of multicam sequences using two DSLR Quicktime .mov clips and a standalone .WAV file from a Zoom H4N. Done this setup thousands of times before with no issue.

For some reason, using Premiere 2015.0.1 it now refuses to play anytime I try to playback one of these multicam clips. I can still open and playback the individual Quicktime clips in the Source playback window with no issues but the multicam clips refuse to play.

Pretty frustrating. I'll post a bug report to Adobe and hopefully they will get a fix out soon.

Return to posts index

Mark HeimRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 5:10:29 pm

Having the exact same problem over here. Created ProRes Proxy files from RED files. Once we start to edit the multi-cam sequence it works until we make one cut - then nothing plays (even though the playhead changes from play to stop). Extremely frustrating!

Trying to prep footage for a client who's getting impatient. Anyone have a work around besides using a separate video track for each camera angle?

Project Specs:
OG Format: 5k RED
Proxy Format: 1080p ProRes Proxy
Audio: h4n WAV files
Using Premiere 9.0.1 - 2015.0.1 release

Thanks!

Mark Austin Heim
Executive Producer
Maximum Flavor Media, LLC
San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

Daniel PiattRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 6:13:00 pm
Last Edited By Daniel Piatt on Aug 31, 2015 at 6:13:31 pm

Sorry to hear that. Super frustrating!

I ended up doing an XML export and going back to Premiere Pro 2014. Took a little work to get it all set back up but at least I was able to move forward. Not a great solution but I have been able to finish the project at least.

I submitted a bug report to Adobe so hopefully they release an update/fix soon because it makes 2015 unusable for me!

Daniel

Return to posts index

Mike PostupakRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 6:13:38 pm

You can download CC2014 and have it run with 2015 on the same machine. It seems to be fine in 2014. Apparently a 2015 version bug.

Return to posts index

Ben WeinsteinRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Sep 5, 2015 at 4:07:07 am

I might have a fix, it seems to be working for me... ive been freeze - free for 20 minutes. .

- copy paste timeline into a new sequence
- save
- quit PP 2015
- open new project
- import the last sequence you made (the onel you copy pasted)

Return to posts index

Glenn LockRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 7:39:36 pm

So I have the same issue - top of the line/brand new imac 5K - running a 5TB external drive. Only having issues with this one project which contains DSLR footage, Sony HDRFX1 Footage and Still shots.

Tried your trick of copying and pasting in then building a new project- but in no time it started again. THIS IS INSANITY!

I have multiple cameras - but I am NOT doing a multi-cam process via Premiere.
Keep the suggestions coming - PLEASE!

Thanks Glenn

Return to posts index

by on Sep 9, 2015 at 8:23:37 pm

If you just need something to work with it quickly download the 2014 version and run the project on there.
It's a sad option but it's the only thing I can do to keep the project moving. You are able to have both version on your machine at the same time.
Go to adobe apps. Scroll down to "Find Additional Apps" then "Previous Versions"

Return to posts index

Mark HeimRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 10:14:29 pm

Thank you all for your responses.

After talking to adobe for 3hrs we finally figured out a work around. Apparently if you "render & replace" the audio in a linked file then it will work... A bit of a roundabout way to solve it. Who wants to double all their audio files when you're working with 12hrs of interview footage?

As some have suggested I reverted back to Premiere 2014 and haven't had any issues. It's the simplest way to deal with it until adobe fixes the bug in another update. The are "quite aware of the issue" and "promise" it'll be fixed in the next update.

Mark Austin Heim
Executive Producer
Maximum Flavor Media, LLC
San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

Ken CooperRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 4:08:26 pm
Last Edited By Ken Cooper on Sep 15, 2015 at 4:11:04 pm

Honestly I am really fed up with the freezing and having to restart PP2015.0.2 15 times in 4 hours. I am running 10.10.5 MacBook Pro 2.6 core i7 16 Gig ram
1tb Flash drive that's only one third full getting media from thunderbolt 2 Promise R4 16TB raid that's not even half full. GeForce GT 750m graphics.

After 10 or 15 minutes of editing and a few play backs or a small area I'll get a litle red box in the right hand corner saying I have a low-level exception occurred in
some inporter....like color matte (importer)...then everything gets flakey!!!!! I am ready to dump this to try Final Cut X. I cannot do the 90 min. doc this way. It will
take me 3 years. We have some multi cams with 4 cameras. Sorry...just wanted to VENT!

Best regards,

Ken Cooper

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2015 at 4:36:47 pm

Is this happening only with the multicam sequences? If so I really would suggest just going to CC2014 before moving to FCP.
It solved my multicam problems and I was able to keep the same Adobe workflows.

Return to posts index

Ken CooperRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:07:25 pm

This is happening in non multi cam projects....I am shuttering...ready to move to the multi cams very soon with tons more footage.

Best regards,

Ken Cooper

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:42:25 pm

Apparently something with the footage maybe or Premiere reading of footage (although Premiere handles codecs better than most other NLEs)

Some other people have seemed to have this problem a while ago.
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6515636

Spending some time Googling on this error might help. It comes up with a few hits.
Apparently people have gotten this error with FCP also. Seems like a uninstall and reinstallation of Premiere fixed it for many.
Maybe try posting your question as a new thread more eyes will see it. Actually I think there already is a thread on the " low-level exception" https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/942816

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:04:38 pm

Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind help. Maybe I'll try the uninstall...reinstall. Again thanks very much for trying to help.

Best regards,

Ken Cooper

Return to posts index

Brian GilbertRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:26:30 pm

I just ran into a similar problem. User had a year-old project wrapping up, but it refused to play the sequence. Also refused to render anything, "unknown error". We tried many of the suggestions; deleting cache, deleting renders, turn off GPU rendering, blow prefs with shift-option when opening Premiere, copy/paste to new timeline. Nothing did the trick. Couldn't use 2014 Premiere, the project wouldn't open there. (We're on 2015.0, build 9.0.0 (247))

I discovered Premiere would play another seq just fine, but if I tried to play the problem seq, nothing would play anywhere until I restarted Premiere.

What DID fix the problem (thanks Ben!): Started a new, blank project, and imported just the final master seq from the problem project. Boom, it plays and renders.

Hope this helps someone, it's sure frustrating until you find an answer that works for you.

Return to posts index

Olivier AubutRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 3:39:49 pm

We had that happen on one of our iMac with Nvidia GeForce GPU. Installing the latest Nvidia Web driver seems to have fixed the issue for now.

Hope this helps.
Olivier

Return to posts index

Drew LahatRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 9:21:46 pm

So basically this error can be caused by anything the sun. :) About as specific as Avid's "Bus Error in Main Thread at address 0x0"...

Return to posts index

gshughsRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:30:01 pm

I am having the same problem. Managed to snatch this error message before getting the dreaded "General Error" message. Any idea what this means, Adobe?

Return to posts index

Ahmed ElshabrawishyRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 8:48:36 pm

Yes, same thing here. I would also like to add that this is happening with my dual processor quad core intel xeon 32 GB RAM mac pro, while none of this is happening on my 6 GB RAM core I3 sony vaio running on windows. It is also worth mentioning that I'm using a Black Magic 4K SDI card on my mac pro and seems it could be the problem since I've read a lot of complains about that, but I'm still looking into it.

Have you found any other solution?

Return to posts index

Bayard StrykerRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 10:26:12 pm

I had this problem with Premiere Pro CC 2015. I changed the audio hardware settings and it worked! Finally it plays back. All I did was change the default audio input from Apollo (a usb audio device) to default mic input. My guess is that the audio settings get corrupted and caused the error. Premiere rebuilds this setting when you change the inputs or outputs. Hope this helps for other users.

Return to posts index

Julian PoonRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Jul 22, 2016 at 2:08:41 am

An AE in my studio was having problems getting multi cam footage to play after being added to a sequence in Premiere 2014 version 8.2.0 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (141F1808) on an Ultimate iMac 14,2. The AE was able to scrub through the sequence and see in the viewport the reflection of that scrubbing in real time, but using the spacebar / clicking on the play button in the viewport had no affect.

Oddly enough, if one just dragged the multi cam footage from the asset / file browser back to the sequence it resolves the behavior of the spacebar / viewport play button from not working. We have no idea why, but I thought that I'd mention it here since so many others don't have a fix.

I didn't necessarily have the time to sit down and see if this was someone else's workflow to get it working again, so apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned.

Happy editing!

Return to posts index

David SmithRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 won't play after pressing space bar or play
by on Nov 21, 2016 at 7:28:15 am

For me, I was able to resolve this in Premiere Pro 2015.4 by running Adobe Creative Cloud app at the same time as editing.
I've now also set it to run on startup in CC settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]