ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

coming from fcpx to PP

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott heplercoming from fcpx to PP
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:49:43 pm

So I am coming from fcpx and I am getting use to PP. I not looking to start a debate about fcpx vs PP, I just can't find the settings to do pretty basic things in fcpx in PP. There are a couple of things I just can't seem to find the settings for and am looking for a bit of help.

Skimming in the timeline without moving the play head? When I have a clip in the timeline all I can see representing the footage is a short thumbnail at the beginning of the clip. Just blue after that. I really need to see what that footage is without moving the playhead. Is there a way for that thumbnail to expand to show what the footage is throughout the whole clip?

Skimming through clips in the media browser. How can I extend the clips so I can see what all might be in a long clip. Sometimes I shoot an hour long without a break and trying to find a scene without bringing it into the media browser window would be very helpful. Or if I have a bunch of clips, skimming through them without opening each individual one is needed and I know you can skim the clips in the browser but how can I make those clips extend so it is more accurate? Just making them bigger isn't really helpful.

How can I have the audio waveforms visually react with ducking for example you just have to guess if what your doing is right.

How can I be able to see the color change when you have a color board up. You have to hit ok and then it updates which is just a guess and go, repeat.

Making a mask for color correction based on color in the shot. For example I like to select; say a sky with the eyedropper to make a mask selection and do a color change or darken just that area or adjust the color, I haven't been able to find a easy way to do that.

Being able to change audio say from mono to stereo once it is in the timeline. This is a big problem.

Being able to see what a transition or effect is before you add it to the timeline.

There are several others but these are the bigger work flow issues. It is really slowing me down from what I am used to. So I am looking forward to learning how to make these adjustments.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]