ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

odd behaviour in creating sequence from clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Sommellaodd behaviour in creating sequence from clip
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:35:42 pm

Hi everyone,

here is my concern. I'm using Premiere Pro CC on a last generation MacBook Pro and clips created with a Canon C300. Once imported the clips, I create sequences directly right-clicking on them and selecting "New sequence from clip".

I haven't been warned about wrong codecs or footage interpretation, so I guess I should expect in "Sequence settings" that in Editing Mode should appear "Canon XF Mpeg...."

Instead, I am in front of a "Sony XD CAM HD422 1080 PAL" setting. Is this normal?

I've tried to change back to the "Canon XF" setting, but in that case Premiere shows me the yellow line of rendering. Which is the right way to proceed with this workflow? Any help is strongly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Roberto

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: odd behaviour in creating sequence from clip
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:21:53 pm

Hi...

I'd be less concerned about the manufacturing labeling and only concerned of the formatting didn't technically match your footage attributes.

is it ok or is it not matching?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Roberto SommellaRe: odd behaviour in creating sequence from clip
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 4:53:11 pm

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply.

I agree about the "concern", and all the parameters match the attributes of the clip, so it "should" be fine. But I'm wondering... what's the point of having two different editing mode, then? And even so, why PP CC doesn't recognize the right one?

Of course even if the attributes match, I'm still worried that maybe there could be something wrong in the workflow. Any idea why PP acts like this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]