ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to add audio effect sounds like water flooding ears muffled ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie WalunasHow to add audio effect sounds like water flooding ears muffled ?
by on Jul 25, 2015 at 8:08:04 pm

Anyone know how to add an audio effect that makes the track sound like water is flooding the ears and things are becoming muffled?I know how to keyframe it, but not sure what effect would achieve this. I have tried a couple things but it's not very intense or quite what I'm going for.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan FriasRe: How to add audio effect sounds like water flooding ears muffled ?
by on Jul 26, 2015 at 1:59:27 am

You can try to use an EQ (automating the hi cut and low cut) and maybe sweeten it with reverb if necessary. There might be some cool delays that you can experiment with.

Return to posts index

Rosie WalunasRe: How to add audio effect sounds like water flooding ears muffled ?
by on Jul 26, 2015 at 2:40:33 pm

I've tried that EQ effect and adjusting the low pass. Also the stand alone Low Pass. It doesn't seem to do much. I tried Pitch and it kind of gets it because it sort of becomes a lower tone, but it also sounds crummy and crackly. If anyone has other ideas, that would be swell. Thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 26, 2015 at 4:17:12 pm

what tracks are playing exactly? There might be more elements that you'll need to add to sell the idea. Perhaps some sound effects (if not already present) and maybe some time stretching with pitching delays applied to all elements? Hard to tell without looking/listening to what's there

Return to posts index

Rosie WalunasRe: How to add audio effect sounds like water flooding ears muffled ?
by on Jul 26, 2015 at 4:27:02 pm

It's a music cue. I suppose it could also sound like inside a car versus outside a car, or music behind a closed door versus when the door is open. Similar to that cloudy muffle sound. Thank you!

Return to posts index

by on Jul 26, 2015 at 4:33:30 pm

I've been able to achieve that effect with a low pass EQ/filter and reverb (set to small room or a "car" program) without any issues. I've done many scenes like that where there's a party on the other side of the door or even an outside car going by with music blasting through the neighborhood, all muffled. All achieved with EQ and possibly reverb.

Is the music cue source?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]