ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

which one to buy apple mac pro 6 core xeon or mac pro 12 for documentary film making

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salim Akhtarwhich one to buy apple mac pro 6 core xeon or mac pro 12 for documentary film making
by on Jul 25, 2015 at 6:13:28 am

I am an editor and want to upgrade with new apple pro machine for faster work. I generally edit documentary films. I edit mostly with Hd footage and I also use 4k footage sometimes. But I shoot in 4k so i will require a machine for 4k cause i will work in 4k in future.
I am confused which one is better i got two machines in my head out which one i want two buy-
Mac pro 6 core Xeon E5 3.5 GHz
16 GB Ram
Dual firepro D500 3 gb each.

and other one is

Mac pro 12 core Xeon E5 3.5 GHz
16 GB Ram
Dual firepro D500 3 gb each.
.. please suggest.

I also want to ask
what monitor is generally used which is something good for colour correction.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: which one to buy apple mac pro 6 core xeon or mac pro 12 for documentary film making
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:33:06 pm

Salim,

What are you planning on using for hard drives to push all the 4k footage? Thunderbolt 2 raid? You will need very fast drives to handle the 4K playback. I would also recommend getting the D700 graphics cards for 4K editing. We have the D500's on a couple of macs and they just are not cutting it for 4K multi-cam playback. I would also recommend upgrading your ram to higher than 16GB. Other options since you are using Premiere vs. FCPX, you could look into a lot more powerful Windows based computers for your 4K work.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Salim AkhtarRe: which one to buy apple mac pro 6 core xeon or mac pro 12 for documentary film making
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 7:18:28 am

thank you sir for your reply and suggestion. But i am willing to buy a new Mac machine so i want to know which one is to be bought for better performance Mac pro 6 core xeon or the mac pro 12 core. which monitor is best for colour correction.
thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]