ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Unwanted audio "pops" at the beginning of audio tracks upon export from Premiere Pro CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat DePuyUnwanted audio "pops" at the beginning of audio tracks upon export from Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 4:41:33 pm

Alright, I have searched tirelessly for a solution and still have nothing. This is a Premiere quirk which I have been experiencing more and more, not sure if it has anything to do with the upgrade to CC 2015.

The problem is that when I export a timeline, occasionally I get audio "pop" noises in the export that were not there when I was watching/listening to it in Premiere. The "pops" I'm referring to only occur very briefly in the rendered video file, and when I refer back to the timeline, the pop noise will always line up at the same time when a new audio clip was starting, even if there was no volume to the given clip when it started in the timeline.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer, and it's wasting a great deal of my team's time having to preview the video file, see if there are any "pops", go back into Premiere, attempt to render out the audio from the entire timeline as AIFF and re-import it before re-exporting the whole sequence with this new, pre-rendered audio track. This does not always work the first try either. It is a pain, and it is a time waster, especially because we cannot diagnose the real source of the problem.

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2015, and I have been exporting H.264 Vimeo 1080p 24fps, from a DSLR 1080p 24fps sequence. I have had this issue with 10+ exports at this point, and it seems to be completely random, but the pop sound in the exported video always lines up with where a new audio clip began in the timeline. Not sure if this matters, but it is generally when I have a new audio clip starting from silence, and either volume keyframed up or constant power applied to beginning of clip to fade in the volume.

Thank you in advance to anyone with insights on how to fix this!

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: Unwanted audio "pops" at the beginning of audio tracks upon export from Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 7:09:19 pm
Last Edited By Marc Nibor on Jul 24, 2015 at 7:24:07 pm

This doesn't sound like a premiere problem. It's more likely caused by some other software/plugin which is installed on your machine.

Try disabling anything that could interfere with the audio on your machine, check if you were using any audio plugins in your project and disable them one by one.

Do the pops occur at exactly the same spot if you re-render the files?
If yes, then try applying a very short fade-in and see if this fixes the problem. Not a solution, but might be ok as a temp work around until you figured out the real cause.

EDIT: I just re-read your post... since you already keyframed the volume, applying a fade in surely won't fix the problem.

I experienced problems like the one you describe in the past... in it ALWAYS had to do with some other programs that have "updated" some core files during installation or made unwanted changes on core settings.
Check your installation log > sort by date and see if there is anything that fits the timeframe.

Return to posts index

Pat DePuyRe: Unwanted audio "pops" at the beginning of audio tracks upon export from Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 10:59:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Marc. How and where do I check said installation log?

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: Unwanted audio "pops" at the beginning of audio tracks upon export from Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 4:58:44 pm

Hi Pat, sorry for the late reply.

I can only make a suggestion for windows7. But If you're on a different version I guess the procedure is similar. I don't know how to do it on a Mac though.

Probably the simplest and fastest way is to go to > Start > click on "Computer" > somewhere in the top of the explorer window that opens you should see now "uninstall or change a program" > click on it > now you see a list of all your installed software > in the top- right of this window there is a small "drop down" menu > click on the tiny arrow (triangle) > from the drop down list that opens now, choose "details" > now you see several columns. one of them is named "installed on" > click it > now your programs should be ordered in the sequence of their install date.

I hope I didn't miss a point. If you have trouble to get to it, just look around at http://www.sevenforums.com/ or http://www.eightforums.com/ if you are on windows 8

Good luck! : )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]