ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can you only mark one in and out in the source window?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave AndradeCan you only mark one in and out in the source window?
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:25:08 am

A little embarrassed to ask this as long as I have been using Premiere, but I've never needed to do this before.

I pull up a clip in the source window, set in and out points and drag into the timeline.

Now, if it is a lengthy clip, and I want to grab another portion, how do I see new in and out points? Does it override what is already there? Yes, I know I can test this on my own, but my question is, what if I want to go back and reference the "old" in and out points? Also, once those are changed, does it change what I had previously added to the timeline? (My guess is no because I assume what I dragged to the timeline will remain there, and not update to what the new in and out clips are in the source window for the same clip)

I know there is an option to make a sub-clip. Is that the only option? If so, I wouldnt even be sure how to go about doing that in a workflow. In other words, I would have had to make the subclip first knowing that I would go back and pull another section from the same footage .Anyway, hope that makes sense, and any insight is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Can you only mark one in and out in the source window?
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:56:24 pm

To make a sub clip; Select your in and out points in the source monitor, from the Clip menu at the top choose Make Subclip... (Command U).

If you have placed a clip in the timeline and want to see the original in and out in the source monitor, park the time cursor anywhere on the clip you want in the timeline, click once on the clip to select it, hit "f" on the keyboard. This will show your original edit in the Source Monitor.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Can you only mark one in and out in the source window?
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 2:25:26 pm

Hi Dave...

you can always match a clip from the sequence back to the source monitor.

park within the clip on the timeline, press F (fcp keys)

it will load the clip back in to the source monitor, show you in/out markings and play head will be where you were parked in the clip on the timeline...

from there you could always make subclip to the project panel if you needed to for some reason...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]