ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dropped frames MXF files, in Premier Pro 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin ButlerDropped frames MXF files, in Premier Pro 2015
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 1:38:39 am

This is my first time ever posting. Sorry it's long. I'm trying to cover as many of the early questions that I could think you may ask.

I recorded video on a Canon XF105. I am using a early 2011 MacBook pro. I originally imported the video files into Premier Pro CC2014, from the memory card. Some files worked perfectly. On others, the screen turns red and a message comes up telling me I have dropped video files. I copied the folders onto the desktop, re-imported into Premier Pro, and I was running again with no problems. The files that were "dropped" showed up. Then the update to CC2015 came. I updated, the files upgraded to the new version automatically. The problem with the dropped files came back. I can't find a work around or a solution. I'm looking for help and thank you in advance.

The files under CC2015 are dropped on some and not dropped on others. I re-downloaded CC2014 and tried to re-open the old files and it says the file was converted to the new version.(This, I don't know why - I renamed the original working file so it wouldn't convert). I have re-imported the original video file into CC2014 just trying to start over and I still hit a road block. I went online with Adobe thru the Creative Cloud membership, spent 3 hours trying to solve the issue. They asked me to move the MXF files out of the folder and onto the desktop - still no go. Then suggested I download an earlier version of Premier Pro and said they were working on the issue. Well... that hasn't worked either.

I've been using Premier Pro for almost 4 years now. I saved money and upgraded from the old rock GL2 to the XF105 but had no idea I was going to run into these issues. So, can I convert the MXF files, without losing video or audio quality into a different format that will work in Premier Pro? Is there another work around? I know people like to use Avid or FCP. Do I have to switch in order to use these files?

Thanks for your responses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]