ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Reset scratch disks, now PP cs6 crashes as it opens every time

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam BarefootReset scratch disks, now PP cs6 crashes as it opens every time
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 3:38:03 pm

So my hard drive crashed at work a month ago and luckily i have a small hard drive and all my footage is on a 2nd larger hard drive. I could continue to open and work on old projects but there was some issue so the first time i opened each project it was resetting the scratch disks and I didnt know where to. I was just clicking ok and didnt really understand the message.

About a month later i'm getting emails saying my network/my documents folder has reached 100% of its limit (my company gives everyone a certain amount of space). I assume the scratch disks were getting set here so I did some research and figured out how to reset them on an already opened project. Did that and restarted.

Now when i go to open adobe premiere pro cs6 it loads everything fast, goes to open then crashes. Doesn't say what the issue is and I cant get a hold of our IT team for a couple days so i'm hoping to fix this asap. Or do you think i need to reinstall everything?

I also have a full documents folder bc of render footage, can I move this to where the project will be or delete any of it? I am going to have to clean up space now and i'm not sure what will mess things up and what wont.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]