ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Controller with Premiere Pro (and Audition)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SikesAudio Controller with Premiere Pro (and Audition)
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:10:56 pm

I purchased a nanoKontrol2 from Korg to be a portable controller for Premiere and Audition. One of the biggest appeals to me of using a control surface instead of the mouse is the ability to adjust more than one track at a time, ideally saving time by not looping to the same spot multiple times.

However, I've noticed a problem—it looks like I cannot smoothly send two signals simultaneously to Premiere or Audition. When I adjust two tracks at the same time (for example, raising the volume of one while lowering another) the keyframes become very stair-stepped, and there are huge jumps in the volume. When I adjust them individually, the keyframes look much smoother.

I've followed instructions found online to activate mackie emulation on the nanoKontrol2, and set it up as a Mackie device in both Premiere and Audition.

I am brand new to MIDI and control devices. Is this a problem inherent with my device, or MIDI devices in general? Is this a limitation of mixing in Premiere and Audition? Is this normal, or is there definitely something awry?

Return to posts index

David SikesRe: Audio Controller with Premiere Pro (and Audition)
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 6:41:32 pm

For anyone interested, I received a response on the Adobe forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7778497#7778497

It's an issue on the software side that they are hoping to fix in an update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]