ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Missing audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WattMissing audio
by on Jul 20, 2015 at 8:51:06 pm

Started a new project in PP 2015, played down about 12 minutes of VO recorded in Audition, in a number of different clips. Closed the project for the night and reopened in the morning. VO clips are still in timeline, but there is no audio nor waveform in the clips. Nat sound is still there with the video, but no VO. If I double click the cVO file in my project nothing happens, i.e. it doesn't open in the Source monitor. I can drag the file to the source monitor, it opens and there is no audio nor waveform. Timeline is ProEs 422, 1080/29.97i.

Source material is Canon 5D Mark III and the missing VO is recorded in Audition.

Does anyone have a workaround or solution?

Thx...Jim Watt

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor:  4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory:  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk:  Mac HD/3 TB Fusion
Graphics:  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing
Write Speed:  328 MB/s
           Read 333.7 MB/s
4TB G-Raid
Write 245.9
Read 258.0
Premier Pro CC 2015

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Jim WattRe: Missing audio
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 6:09:27 pm

I uninstalled PP 2015 and reinstalled PP2014 and the appropriate update to see if that would solve the problem with the disappearing VO files. Exactly same thing happening in PP 2014. lay down VO on the VO track, then close the program and reopen it. clip is there, but no waveform nor audio.

I got to thinking this all started after I installed an update from Sonic Pro/Smartsound so it would work with PP 2015, so I just disabled my Smartsound 5.8 folder and the plugin for Premier Pro and I now have VO. No music, but the VO remains when I close the project.. so I believe that the Smartsound update must be the culprit.

Has anyone else installed the latest Sonic Pro/Smartsound update in either PP 2014 or 2015.?

thx....Jim Watt

Return to posts index

David MedzorianRe: Missing audio
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:11:04 pm

I wanted to thank you for your post. I was having the exact same problem and it began about the time I installed the update to Smartsound (5.8). I un installed it and voila!!! All my waveforms are back again. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2015 at 1:42:38 am

I emailed Smartsound yesterday and have not heard from them. I'll try calling tomorrow. They're tech support used to be terrific, now you can't ever reach anyone on the phone and they are slow to respond via email and sometimes I've received no answer. Looks to me like a company struggling.

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:25:15 pm

As it turns out my email request ended up in their spam filter, but when I left a phone message today they got right back to me.

There is some sort of low level exception going on with 2015, which is a bug in that software, so they're in communication with Adobe.

In the meantime to use 2014, here is the note they sent me to delete the 2015 plugin update and install the older 2014 version and it's working.

Technical Support - Frank (SmartSound)
Jul 23, 11:48 AM

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the platform mix up. Here is a direct link to the Premiere CC 2014 Mac plugin installer:

http://www.smartsound.com/downloads/plugins/SFP58_PP_CC2014_Plugin.zip

Before you run it, remove the existing plugin by opening the following folder:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/7.0/MediaCore/

Delete the "SmartSoundAdobePlugin.bundle" file inside the MediaCore folder. When you run the CC 2014 plugin installer, it should replace the bundle file in the same folder.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Best regards,
Frank

Good Luck....jw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]