ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

unistalled and lost my premiere project file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Parminder Singhunistalled and lost my premiere project file
by on Jul 20, 2015 at 5:54:07 am

Hi
i installed premiere pro cc 2015 on my windows machine . But i did'nt removed the old cs6 version . but after the uninstall of cs6 my premiere pro project files did'nt found . i think it was deleted by premiere . any idea what can i do now. i have lost the lot of work .
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: unistalled and lost my premiere project file
by on Jul 20, 2015 at 10:23:08 am

By unistalling a program the project files and all the assets do not get removed from the hdd. So its out there somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: unistalled and lost my premiere project file
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 2:19:40 am

search the whole hard drive for the file extension. if it's not found, immediately stop using the disk and do easeus data recovery. should be 100% successful if you stop writing data. I use it and it finds stuff from 6 years ago even after written over and multiple installed os's. A really good program.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: unistalled and lost my premiere project file
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 2:24:22 am

OK, by default, at least in the first Adobe CC, and CS6 from what I recall, by default the projects are in the DOCUMENTS folder, in the ADOBE folder...in that Adobe folder are folders for most of the apps, so in mine, i have an Adobe Premiere Pro folder, then 7.0 and then all of my projects.

Now...does the uninstall REMOVE any of those folders? If so...that might be the issue.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]