ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

new sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erica Edwardsnew sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 5:45:26 pm

Need advice for a 45 second picture book trailer for a major publisher comprised entirely of .psd stills (all 1920 X 1080, 72 dpi, RGB) to be uploaded to YouTube.

Working with PPCS6 on a MacBook Pro. I don't own AfterEffects. Hoping to do the whole project in PPCS6.

Only applying pans and transitions.

I.
Unsure about new sequence settings and output settings.

I chose 1080i 60Hz DVCPRO HD /29.97 fps for new sequences. Is this the wrong setting? Do I need to start over?
BTW -- just discovered custom settings in Photoshop to prep files for PPCS6. Haven't used them.

Which output should I choose for highest quality without long loading time on YouTube?

II.
The pans look pretty crappy -- they're not as smooth enough for professional production values. I'm using keyframes and coordinates. I need to vary the velocity of pans. Not sure what the values of the speed under Timerate Mapping mean. Tried pulling the yellow line in the timeline up and down and found it hard to control. Ease in and ease out looks terrible.

III.
Some of the frames have a word of type. The type sometimes is flickering/slightly blurry. How do I fix this?

IV.
Will output choices automatically correct any new sequence setting mistakes?

Thanks in advance for help!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: new sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 6:42:52 pm

DVCProHD is NOT a good choice - it's an old, outdated, codec that is very soft when compared side by side with more modern codecs such as ProRes and DNX. You should use either ProRes 422 or HQ.

The rest of your questions are pretty much things only you can work out... However, be certain you are not viewing at 1/4 or 1/2 resolution, and, though rendering is not necessary when editing normal video, it certainly helps when animating/compositing, so you can see exactly how the moves and transitions will appear.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Erica EdwardsRe: new sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:44:41 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've attached a screenshot of the new sequence settings window. Given my options, which should I choose? I don't see ProRes or DNX on the list. Am I doing something wrong or is it my version of PP? I'm working in CS6.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: new sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:52:15 pm

Well, given that you're on a Mac you should have Pro Res available. However, the Avid DNX codecs are free on the Avid site. Once you download and install them, I think the one to
choose is DNXHD 185 (or a number close to 185).

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Erica EdwardsRe: new sequence settings for animation with .psd files + export for post to YouTube
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:58:11 pm

Thanks, David! I'll download the DNX codecs right now.

I'm a bit bothered about the missing ProRes settings on my Mac (OX 10.9.5).

If DNX does the job, I won't worry about it.

Stay tuned . . .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]