ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with Denoiser effect

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther CasasProblem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 8:21:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I am using the Denoiser effect to get rid of sound background from the mic. I play with the Reduction and it does a good job eliminating background noise, it cleans the dialogue well, but when playing the clip again, there is like an "echo" effect on the dialogue, like a delay error. The actor sound like the have a 1 second of echo following their voices...

I have seen several posts online that suggest applying the effect on the Audio Mixer and not directly on each audio clip, I have done this but it does not eliminate the problem.

Does anybody has any suggestions to get rid of this weird echo created by denoiser?
Thank you!
Esther.

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 11:38:15 pm

My advice would be going through Audition if you have it. You just capture a noise print in a silent area, then apply the Denoiser, it works very well.

Vince

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Simon BillingtonRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 2:38:32 am

It almost sounds as if there is some smearing of time information, which CAN happen. The possibility is that there were some very discrete echoes buried underneath that noise that is just becoming more pronounced after noise removal.

If you find you can't get desirable results with Audition, then you may want to trial some more heavy duty processing.

X-Noise, it would seem, is currently on sale. Alternatively, you could also try NS1 and W43.
http://www.waves.com/plugins/noise-reduction-restoration#

There are others out there. Download a trial and see if you can get more desirable results. It would be a good idea to do it before X-Noise comes off sale.

Return to posts index

Michael BuieRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 2:01:17 pm

I've always found a certain amount of noise reduction results in what I call a "flanging" sound effect. (Forgive me, I am a guitarist. :-) )

Using Adobe Audition, you can minimize this to an extend by copying a noise print, then using that as a baseline for the Noise Reduction effect.

The Noise Reduction effect lets you set level of reduction and another threshold effect (I can't say precisely the name right now because I am not in front of my Editing PC) ... and you can even use a line with multiple click points to pull up or down in ares along the frequency of the wave form where the noise is more problematic or to reduce the "flanging" effect.

You can also switch to hear the noise only, to detect how much of the DESIRED audio material you are removing.

I think this inadvertent removal of DESIRED audio is what creates the flanging, hollow sound I try to avoid.

There are also some noise presets (for instance, to remove hiss or to remove low frequency hum) that may be helpful.

I hope my post helps!

Return to posts index

Simon BillingtonRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 5:27:10 pm

Izotope refers to it as musical noise, or you could also refer to it as artefacts.

Yeah the better the algorithm the less of those artefacts, but it's still possible to overdo it and still produce less than desirable results.

The better quality the algorithm, the better the results, but it does come down to the skill of the user as well. It's certainly an acquired skill too, especially with more tricky cases.

Audition would produce potentially better results then Premiere, but it is stock algorithms too. So my earlier still remains about considering more advanced 3rd party technology if Audition can't quite get you the results you need either.

Return to posts index

Esther CasasRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 11:39:37 pm

Hello guys!

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I don't have audition but just had access to Soundtrack Pro and applied hum removal setting up the background noise I like to get rid of and it actually worked pretty well, I guess is the same as Audition would do? i know is easier with audition as is linked to premiere...but I exported the audio file and imported back into soundtrack pro, exporting it back to premiere...just extra steps but the final dialogue is actually very good.

thanks for all your suggestions!
Esther.

Return to posts index

Michael BuieRe: Problem with Denoiser effect
by on Jul 25, 2015 at 1:00:46 am

Glad you could take some advice from our suggestions!

I think Audition is better, and the 3rd Party apps Simon suggested even better still. But, we make what we have work until we can acquire better! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]