ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Crash issue question?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MohrCrash issue question?
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 5:42:21 pm

I'm going to be doing some troubleshooting for a coworker because PPro CC 2015 keeps crashing on him immediately when launched. The laptop it's on is capable of handling as other coworkers have the same Laptop with no issues. The only difference that I know of at this point is the secondary monitor that he is using is setup to run in portrait rather than landscape. Could that be causing the crashing? If I can eliminate non-issues before I start, I'll be one step closer to solving the problem.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Crash issue question?
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 7:18:09 pm

Remove the 2nd monitor completely and see if you can make the software stabile, but I seriously doubt that's the issue. If the 2nd monitor is not the issue, come back and give us more info, including:

OS version & how it was installed (update vs clean)
Adobe install (clean vs along with CC 2014)
GPU driver version (update vs clean install)
Cuda driver version (update vs clean install)
And anything else you can think of...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Michael MohrRe: Crash issue question?
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 7:38:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. If I can't get it to stop crashing I will definitely come back with all that information and then some. I'm hoping it's just a matter of a bad install.Our network has caused issues in the past with some of the installs from the cloud.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]