ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan RobertsDIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 9:51:46 pm

Just as it says. On a longer edit and the DIT accidentally wrote footage over existing folder. The folder was recovered and the media appears to be all there. However, I can't seem to get it to import in any editing program and can only even view the files using VLC 1.1 (not the latest 2.2). The picture is perfect, no hits, no audio dropouts, all the information is there but I can't do anything with it. Help?

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

John PaleRe: DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 4:57:40 am

Had a similar incident recently. Avid MC was able to make this work, but I had to manually select the P2 MXF AMA plugin to link to the footage. If I let Avid auto select the AMA plugin, there were issues. Avid was able to join the spanned clips and audio, even though the original camera card folder structure was gone.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 6:46:36 pm

Have you tried getting them into Media Encoder or After Effects? I know you said "editing program", but I've had luck with AE seeing some things PPro would not.

Return to posts index

nat ivesRe: DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 7:00:56 pm

MPEG Streamclip has been a lifesaver over the years for odd file formats, conversions, etc.

http://www.squared5.com/

Nat Ives
Manager & Lab Instructor
Communication & Media Studies Production Center
University of Southern Maine
Portland, ME
ives@maine.edu
http://www.facebook.com/CMS.Production

Return to posts index

Bryan RobertsRe: DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 17, 2015 at 4:47:13 pm

Thanks all. Well it was a crazy ride to the solution. Yes, I tried all of your suggestions, I tried all those programs. I tried both Avid MC 8.3 and 8.4, I had downloaded all AMA plugins, nothing worked. I sent the file to a friend who runs a post house in LA and he was able to get it to work on his system using MC 8.3 but not 8.4 using AMA. My system it wouldn't work on however. I started getting desperate as I didn't feel like driving to his place and converting a ton of footage so I tried one of those dicey seeming programs online, the "Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac". Low and behold the free trial worked with a watermark so I purchased the program. Cannot believe that was the only solution but hey, it worked. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

Jay DantaraRe: DIT recovered accidentally deleted folder from a shoot but now I can't get these recovered MXF files to import or play in anything other than VLC 1.1
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 9:00:16 pm

MXF has a weird way sometimes. If you have the correct folder structure "CONTENTS" folder in most cases, it works fine, if the structure of the folder is not good, softwares have a hard time to understand the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]