ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Weird issues with MTS files in Premiere Pro CC2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael PellaWeird issues with MTS files in Premiere Pro CC2014
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 4:24:33 pm

I have an editor who is working in Premiere Pro CC 2014 and has what appears to be a corrupt project file. She is editing with AVCHD footage that has been imported as a series of MTS files. For some odd reason, PP seems to be combining the video from one file and the audio from another when attempting to edit into a sequence. We've checked the original files at the Finder level and they appear to be fine. This only happens after importing into a project. I'm quite confused as to how this might be happening. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Weird issues with MTS files in Premiere Pro CC2014
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 6:03:34 pm

Clean out the media cache also clean out the folder manually.
see if that will help.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Bart CautaertsRe: Weird issues with MTS files in Premiere Pro CC2014
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 9:31:26 pm

We had the same problem. I think it's caused by two media-files having the same file-name and referring to the wrong cache-file name. Cleaning the media cache files resolved this (or deleting only the cache file with the same name as the media-file with the problem). It's only happened with .mts-files, so I think it has something to do with the .mts foldestructure.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Weird issues with MTS files in Premiere Pro CC2014
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 12:23:36 am

If your camera starts anew at 0000.mts when you insert a new card, a project can wind up having several files named '0000.mts', '0001.mts', and so on. What could possibly go wrong?

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2015 at 1:19:56 am

That I don't know... It has something to do with the generation of the conform/media cache files. We had a lot of (very long) .mts files with similar names (mostly 0000.mts). As soon as I imported new files, some of the old ones in the timeline started to act strange (as in 'playing audio from other 0000.mts-files). Deleting all the 0000-cache files (.cfa and .pek) and letting the cache files regenerate solved this issue, for a while... Tried to play around with the import settings (generate .xmp-files), but this didn't solve it either. Worked around it by "render and replace" the audio track, which generated a new audio file.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2015 at 1:22:03 am

My best guess would be it is an error in the media cache database, linking the wrong cache file to the wrong media...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]