ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Deal Breaker, coping with versions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph OwensDeal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 2:40:17 pm

Reaching out for experience with migrating external projects among Premiere Pro projects.

I own several versions of PremPro, up to CS6, but it has always been in a semi-loaded state basically on standby for client projects -- I am a colorist primarily using Resolve, so the NLE is basically the foyer in my house, not the whole actual home.

Recently a project landed that was cut in Creative Cloud 2014, which of course I could not open, and was advised to download the free 30-day trial of the software, which seemed to be a solution, except that the project, or at least what I call some "poison pill" attributes -- maybe Fx plugins that may or may not be active, exist or be in themselves not compatible with CC2015 (the famous Red Giant MBCC2 missing error)... lord only knows. Even if I was to somehow cut though to export a baked QT of the thing, that would be progress, but it always fails/freezes at 5% export no matter what codec or file container I choose, reporting the also-almsot-as-famous "compiler error."

This is progress?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Deal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 6:02:24 pm

Compiling error can be anything.
Export through AME and open the preview.
Whats the export until it fails.
That is the spot you need to fix on the timeline.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Joseph OwensRe: Deal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 4:51:57 am

I know this is a problem at 2:53 program time.

What I am curious about is how PremierePro CreativeClod expects to attract people who want repeatable results.

jPo

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Deal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 16, 2015 at 8:04:16 am

Hey Joseph,

[Joseph Owens] "Recently a project landed that was cut in Creative Cloud 2014, which of course I could not open, and was advised to download the free 30-day trial of the software, which seemed to be a solution, except that the project, or at least what I call some "poison pill" attributes -- maybe Fx plugins that may or may not be active, exist or be in themselves not compatible with CC2015 (the famous Red Giant MBCC2 missing error)..."

As part of your 3o day free trial, did you down-load and try open the project in CC 2014? Rather than CC 2015.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2015 at 7:24:06 pm

[Mads Nybo Jørgensen] "As part of your 3o day free trial, did you down-load and try open the project in CC 2014?"

Doesn't seem to be an option. If I knew where to look it might be worth a try.

jPo

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Deal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 8:42:18 pm

[Joseph Owens] "Doesn't seem to be an option. If I knew where to look it might be worth a try."

In the CC downloader/installer app go to the "Apps" tab and if you scroll down past the most recent apps there should be a heading for "previous apps".

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2015 at 2:54:35 pm

Thanks for the tip... not sure if I will go back a version -- my sense is that I would require an XML export to get the CC2015 version to open in CC2014 and lord only knows what else will corrupt.

Slowly getting some traction, anyway... found that I am able to render tiny bite-size nibbles of the timeline as Previews -- anywhere from one frame at a time up to as much as 30-35 seconds. After a full days' work, I had 10 minutes of the show in the green, so attempted to export a ProRes422 segment. So this morning, after an all-night render, I found that AME had crashed because it had filled the target disk without completing the export -- get this -- 10 minutes of 1080i2997 was going to be more than 645 GB!

Something is ridiculously wrong here. Trying a 4 minute DNx220 MXF export, but I see that the render bar is crawling along stretching out 18 minutes of machine time into a couple of hours. I would ordinarily expect about a single 5GB file, but we'll see what cockamamie result lands or crashes this time.

jPo

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Deal Breaker, coping with versions
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 3:50:54 pm

Yeah, the only way to go backwards is via XML.

A few weeks ago I had a similar sounding problem and it turned out to be some bad media. It was some clips from a stock footage site so I don't know if they were necessarily corrupt or just encoded in a way that Adobe didn't like but they gave me fits. Everything would playback fine, but rendering or exporting would cause the PPro/AME to crash or hang or just keep rendering/exporting indefinitely. Through trial and error (rendering the timeline chunks at a time) I found the problem clips and had to use MPEG Streamclip to transcode them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]