ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

H.264 blu-ray export from Premier Pro CC and Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric HengeholdH.264 blu-ray export from Premier Pro CC and Encore CS6
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 2:02:27 pm

Hi there, so I am Exporting my feature film from Premier Pro CC (2015). I'm exporting it as H.264 blu-ray as 23.976 1920x1080. When I bring the file into Encore CS6 the video file is out of synch with the audio. I exported 2 hours of film, in my encore timeline the audio is exactly 2 hours but the video is an hour and 56 min. The Encore project is set us as a blu-ray project and the same video that is brought back into premier pro shows up as 2 hours on the timeline.

Does any one know why my video timecode is lagging (falling out of synch) inside of Encore CS6?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: H.264 blu-ray export from Premier Pro CC and Encore CS6
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 10:02:56 pm

Here's my recommendation. Export to Prores, or uncompressed and let Encore do the compression. I find that even with the correct format, Encore seems to recompress the footage you bring in.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: H.264 blu-ray export from Premier Pro CC and Encore CS6
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 2:15:38 am

Encore tends to assume a rate of 29.97fps. Change that in your encoding settings for the project, then try again. It should fit to the new frame rate. Standard encodes will out to 29.97 (30i--30 full frames with 2 fields interlacing at 60hz). IF you output 23.xx, you need to tell encore so that the audio is encoded with that frame rate as well (audio is expressed on it's own in samples, but when synced with video, it conforms to the same value as the video; when you play audio at 48khz with a frame rate of 29.97 with a video at 23.xx, the two will not sync).

To get audio and video in sync, you'll need to set your project encode settings in encore. Then the audio will be encoded at the same frame rate as the video and it will sync.

Also, I've had projects fail to properly associate transcodes when the audio in the premiere timeline was longer than the video, and the transcoded video lacked the last few frames where the audio stretched. Placing an empty video clip in that space in premiere fixed the missing frames and output correct transcode duration. I prefer to transcode my own in Compressor, so I also add the audio into the encore timeline as AC3 generic. It certainly saves time when I can use 4 machines to encode several transcodes, and then compare them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]