ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

everyone's suggestions....

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooneyeveryone's suggestions....
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 9:53:46 pm

Hi.. I'm running a 2013 iMac... for various reasons.. had a 12 core macpro... but apart form that... what would you guys consider the best move to be for a NLE system at this point? I can move to PC, but probably not for a few months because of the cost... PPro is not working at all well on my 2013 iMac... I can try Resolve 12 (supposedly coming out this month) but Resolve 11 has cause a lot of audio issues with me.. I'm doing a lot of work and ready to move into the right position, but really would appreciate your advice. - Brian

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: everyone's suggestions....
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 1:23:20 pm

We are looking at the 5k iMacs for our upgrade. The MacPro (cans) seem to have fizzled out as far as companies making upgrade components, even Apple.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: everyone's suggestions....
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:17:01 pm

Part of the decision depends on your work, and the additional software/plug-ins you use. Some companies still make goodies for Mac-only. If you are swimming deep in the Mac-only plug-in and additional software ocean, you would want to research PC options to replace those.

If that doesn't describe the way you are using your system currently, then choosing becomes a bit simpler.

When we transitioned to Adobe, we were placed on PC's (our company is almost an almost completely PC universe.)

They have worked great for us. They spec'd the machines well, and factored in the kind of work we do.

Return to posts index

Brian CooneyRe: everyone's suggestions....
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:28:09 pm

Thanks! Yeah fortunately all the Red Giant pluggins I have are cross compatible.. just a couple video copilot, and twixtor, as wel as twitch.. I'm not sure about.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Daniel FletcherRe: everyone's suggestions....
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 6:55:41 pm

some pointers Ive learned on running CC on older systems

Run a quick (500+MB/s) RAID or SSD as scratch disk
transcode to ProRes for editorial
Keep playback at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution
upgrade to over 16GB of RAM
Run CC14 and try turing off hardware acceleration

best of luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]