ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

zoom and pan in an adjustment layer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Schneiderzoom and pan in an adjustment layer
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 12:26:03 am

I'm trying to use an adjustment layer to apply a pan and zoom effect to an entire video that I've made. Instead of nesting or just using the sequence I had, I would like to use an adjustment layer.

The problem is I don't see any effect that does this, besides potentially the "camera view" effect. That effect doesn't quite work though, as it is not parsed in a way that makes it easy to use.

Is there any way to apply a second "motion" effect on the adjustment layer, so that I can give my whole sequence motion?

I'm using CS6.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: zoom and pan in an adjustment layer
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 5:33:22 pm

Nest the sequence then apply the pan and zoom in the fixed effect of Motion in the Effect Controls.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Natalie SchneiderRe: zoom and pan in an adjustment layer
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 6:07:38 pm

That would defeat the point. I want to have my edits be tied to an adjustment layer, rather than some nested sequence, as the adjustment layer would provide the best flexibility for future edits, as welll as more easily allow me to apply the effect to the ones wirh different intros.

Magnify may sort of work, but it seems stupid that there is no pure motion effect in the effects pannel, so you could just apply it twice. Maybe there is a plugin? Or maybe I can figure out how to make one.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: zoom and pan in an adjustment layer
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 8:23:44 pm

Have you tried using Transform? It's under Distort.

Return to posts index

Natalie SchneiderRe: zoom and pan in an adjustment layer
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 9:21:50 pm

Thank you very much! Transform is exactly what I was looking for, and will save a lot of headache.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]