ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Strange audio qualtiy problem in Premiere CS6.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim MandersStrange audio qualtiy problem in Premiere CS6.
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 10:02:42 am

Lately I've encountered a strange problem regarding audio quality in Premiere CS6.

I've always used the DSLR preset for the sequences with no problems. For a couple of months I used a different computer than I do now. I'm back to my old desktop now and noticed the problem.

Anyway, I noticed that audio simply has a worse quality on when I play back the files in the Preview monitor. Also, when I put the clips on the timeline in the sequence with 48000 hz sampling, the audio quality is still really bad. There is a high pitched rattling kind of noise audible...
When I was working on my other computer, I never heard this (same version of Premiere).

I can fix this problem by changing the sequence (audio sampling) settings to 44100 hz. When I do that, the preview still gives me the noisy version but after I put the clips to the 44100 hz timeline, the audio cleans up.

Anyone has any idea what might cause this? And is there anything to do, except for working in 41000 hz all the time?

Extra info:
- Premiere uses the Premiere Pro WDM Sound as a driver. I have a ASIO driver installed and can select it, but it doesn't give me any audio output. I've always worked with the standard Premiere driver and worked fine.
- I've started to use an external Behringer UCA222 USB Audio interface to connect my monitor speakers to. Could this be at fault?
- Windows 7 / Premiere CS6 / i7 3770 / 12 GB / Asus P8P67-M / GTX 660

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim MandersRe: Strange audio qualtiy problem in Premiere CS6.
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 10:41:16 am

Update:
Found a solution but not really a great one. It turns out that the problem lies with the USB Audio interface. When I connected headphones to the computer directly, there is no noise on the 48000 hz audio. When I connect the headphones to the USB interface, the noise is back.
So now I installed a new driver for the interface (the ASIO v2 driver), selected that one as the main driver for Premiere and it worked! The noise is gone.
However, now I have 'new' noise which is a constant high beeping. It's like I hear the computer working.

Before we blame the USB interface, this noise was not there with the original RealTek driver.

So I can now choose between 2 types of noise

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]