ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS 5.5 AVCHD to DVD 135 min Video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin VeronaPremiere Pro CS 5.5 AVCHD to DVD 135 min Video
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 2:05:54 pm
Last Edited By Martin Verona on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:25:55 pm

OK, so after reading tons of info my head hurts. I need some simple info. I have edited for years on FCP and Prem CS 5.5. With Premiere I have avoided putting 2 hours plus on a singe DVD. FCP was easy I adjusted the settings and could squeeze 140 min no problem.

I am trying again with Premiere and the project - a stage production - runs around 2 hrs 15 min. What is the best settings to get the AVCHD footage onto a standard DVD and not exceed the 4.7 gig limit (leaving room for menus and such).

Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Premiere Pro CS 5.5 AVCHD to DVD 135 min Video
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:37:32 pm

I use this bitrate calculator - http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm.

My workflow would be to render a master file or files. Then I would render DVD MPEG's at the settings recommended by the calculator. Then author in Encore, as opposed to going straight from Premiere.

Return to posts index

Martin VeronaRe: Premiere Pro CS 5.5 AVCHD to DVD 135 min Video
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 4:23:50 pm

So you would encode in Encore as opposed to Premiere. I have read that encoding in Encore is not as good as Premiere.

So correct me if I am not correct, you would render the files in premiere and then send the file to Encore not encoded for mpeg-2. What format you you export and how would you encode to mpeg-2 (i.e. Adobe Media Encoder?).

My workflow is usually to render the timeline in Premiere then encode to mpeg-2 changing the bitrate to keep the total file size around 4.2GB to account for very simple Photoshop menus and total DVD file size around 4.5GB.

Previously, I would simply make a 2 DVD set. Just trying to keep time and cost down.

"Memories of today, Recorded for tomorrow."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]