ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Apple Specs and latest version of Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom LaughlinApple Specs and latest version of Premiere
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:20:52 pm
Last Edited By Tom Laughlin on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:26:34 pm

A few weeks ago, on one of my editing workstations, I went from Premiere v7.2.2, and started a brand new project in v8.2. --- Again, it seems like the edit was going ok for a few days, then I suddenly hit a point in the edit, 2-3 days in, where I was crashing and crashing. Playback would freeze up, but could still here audio, and sometimes, it would not play at all after I rendered a sequence. It always saved ok, quit, restart, then I was ok for another 20-30 minutes.

Could someone check this Mac's system specs on this workstation, and see if I'm missing something or several issues?

Also, with this workstation still running OS Lion, not sure if I can update the OS to Mountain Lion, if this Mac is too old...? Or, if I do update the OS, what affect it may have on Premiere or the Mac's performance... Or, if I update the OS midway through several edits, what that would do.

One other note, I purchased a ATI Radeon 5700 card and was told I could run up to three monitors, and have not been able to get the 3rd one to fire up... I also cannot seem to run FCPX on it, due to no Mountain Lion. At what point is it safe to update the OS? Does this Mac have the specs to be updated to Mountain Lion, in order to run Premiere 8.2?

Your thoughts, and any safe options at this point?

Thanks,

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Apple Specs and latest version of Premiere
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 12:06:45 pm

I would update the OS. At least to 10.9 if you can find it. Adobe keeps advancing the software and older OS can lead to a lot of issues. We're on 10.9 and 10.10 all around here.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]