ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

CC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas NatteauCC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 4:41:48 pm
Last Edited By Nicholas Natteau on Jul 9, 2015 at 4:43:06 pm

Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but after having updated to the latest CC version (June 2015), any markers I place on my Sony A7s clips in Prelude don't show up in Premiere Pro.

Another issue I'm having is that Premiere doesn't respect the color markers I set in Prelude. Markers in Prelude (be they red, white, blue, etc) always show up as green markers in Premiere, no matter what color I chose in Prelude.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: CC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 12:07:50 am

Expand the track to see if they're showing up on timeline clips. I'm guessing no since you don't see them in the Source Monitor.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: CC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 12:18:45 am

Here's what I'm getting.

Return to posts index

Nicholas NatteauRe: CC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:02:51 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your help. No I'm not seeing the markers no matter how much I expand the track.

But here's what I have discovered: for some reason this only occurs with Sony A7s or XAVC-S files. No problem with my Canon 1DC, C300, GH4 and Quicktime files in general, just seeing this with XAVC-S.

It must be something incompatible between the A7s codec and Prelude-Premiere in terms of markers.

My workaround is to convert the XAVCs files to Apple ProRes even though they're twice the size. Then the markers show up in Premiere.

I also discovered that if I set tags in Prelude as markers, they retain their color from Prelude into Premiere, just not the default comment and subclass markers.

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: CC 2015: Prelude markers set on Sony A7s clips not appearing in Premiere Pro
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 8:45:21 pm

Where is the metadata going? With Quicktime, a lot of info can be interleaved into the file itself, but many file formats have to save metadata like markers, etc in a sidecar file. That file may have to be in the same directory as the clip for Premiere Pro to 'see' it...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]