ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Thoughts on CC2015 Integrated Color Grading Tools

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian SeelThoughts on CC2015 Integrated Color Grading Tools
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:42:14 pm

Just wondering people's opinion on this new feature. Adobe has touted it as a "very powerful," feature. I've not found it to be that at all, but more in line with the built-in color correction tools we've seen in the past. They don't seem to be working directly with the source material, but more on a superficial level. White balance, for example just seems to paint a blue or yellow wash on the existing colors. Admittedly, I have no idea what's happening under the hood. On a practical level, these new features are nowhere near a replacement for SG or Davinci resolve.

I'm personally irritated that Adobe messed with one of the major selling points of Speedgrade over Davinci resolve - the seamless back and forth directly from a premiere timeline. I don't want to color grade in an NLE any more than I want to cut together a sequence in a coloring program. The best thing they could do is integrate the workflow seamlessly. Now, you send a sequence to speedgrade and back and the SG settings are not maintained, you have to start all over and if you have applied any look settings directly within PP, it gets all gummed up.

*end rant*

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Thoughts on CC2015 Integrated Color Grading Tools
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 11:02:44 pm

[Christian Seel] "They don't seem to be working directly with the source material, but more on a superficial level. White balance, for example just seems to paint a blue or yellow wash on the existing colors."

There are some format-specific controls (like color temperature, tint and exposure for CinemaDNG) available as a Master Clip Effect [link] on individual clips.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]