ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Bringing Adjustment Layers over from After Effects - Is it possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barnaby KeeneBringing Adjustment Layers over from After Effects - Is it possible?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 12:50:00 pm

Hi,

I've been working on a short intro clip in AE that contains an adjustment layer with some blurring. This layer is also track-matted which wipes away the blur effect in a nice way that I'm satisfied with.

I tested this by putting a test image under the adjustment layer and it works as expected:

http://puu.sh/iRx78/d7dee22a59.gif

However I didn't actually plan or check if adjustment layers affected clips when imported into Premiere and it doesn't look like they do. If this is possible I'd love to know how!

If not, I'll have to use a workaround I suppose, so far I thought of bringing the clip from Premiere into AE and just inserting it under the adjustment layer and dynamic-link the entire AE comp back into PR.

Computer Science student with an interest in video editing, motion graphics and various forms of digital art. (@SouthclawJK)

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Bringing Adjustment Layers over from After Effects - Is it possible?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 4:20:24 pm

hi...

While you might get the adjustment layer....not sure the track matting will work....

replace your clip with comp in PPro...

then put your adjustment layer in that comp in AE...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]