ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC 2014 and Blackmagic Intensity Extreme

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pelle AsselbergsPremiere CC 2014 and Blackmagic Intensity Extreme
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:55:00 am

I'm working on an project in PP 8.2.0 (on OSX 10.9.5 / nMac Pro) and when I connect my tv (hdmi) it shows up in the playback preference panel, but won't output. Sound does output through the BM. Hope to hear some suggestions. BM Desktop Video is version 10.3.7 and works fine on same set up with FCP7. Thanks in advance, have a good day!

Return to posts index

Justin DanielsRe: Premiere CC 2014 and Blackmagic Intensity Extreme
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:25:15 pm

Trick I found that helped me get picture...

Go into Premiere's preferences, then go to playback settings. Click the setup option for your Blackmagic. There should be a little box that opens with options "For output of unsupported frame sizes." Depending on your timeline settings and TV, select either "scale up" or "scale" down." For me, my TV supports all formats so "scale down" usually works best, but if I'm in a 1280x720 timeline, sometimes I have to choose "scale up" for the picture to be displayed. Hopefully this works for you too.

If it doesn't show up right away, leave it on scale up or scale down and restart premiere to refresh it's "brain."

Return to posts index

Pelle AsselbergsRe: Premiere CC 2014 and Blackmagic Intensity Extreme
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:25:49 am

Hi Justin, thanks for your reply!

I tried all options 'no output', 'center' and 'scale to fit'. Did a reboot of PP after each try, no result...
Timeline is 1920x1080 and pro res (proxy) and tv is plasma 50", so full hd is possible.

Hope you have another trick left! Have a nice day.

Pelle

Return to posts index

Barry CohenRe: Premiere CC 2014 and Blackmagic Intensity Extreme
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 6:04:44 pm

I am not in front of the unit now but I seem to remember that the Blackmagic set up has to agree with the sequence set up in Premiere. That is they should both be 1080i or 720p and the frame rates should agree too.
I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]