ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

AVI files play fine in Windows Media Player but sound is distorted when imported into Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tara MarianneAVI files play fine in Windows Media Player but sound is distorted when imported into Premiere Pro
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 1:32:53 am

So my friend and I are filming a show. We were using two lav mics and a mixer and all that came video/audio turned out fine but when we switched to using just her lav it seemed to be having trouble connecting to the camera and there was a slight humming sound in the background, when recording.

So anyway, I converted these files into avi so they would play in adobe premiere because it wont play the MTS files (plays video but no sound). But these specific avi files recorded using her lav mic play fine in Windows Media Player but when imported into Adobe Premiere Pro, all you hear is the buzzing and the voices are distorted.

Please Help!

Return to posts index

chris kingRe: AVI files play fine in Windows Media Player but sound is distorted when imported into Premiere Pro
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 9:29:13 am

Did you keep your original MTS video? When converting MTS file to Adobe Premiere Pro, you’d better keep the original video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio channel. For your converted AVI files, I don’t think it’s a good format for Adobe editing. As a container format it may contain some video/audio codec that Adobe Premiere can’t support. If you didn’t have your original MTS videos, you may try to reconvert your AVI to MPEG-2 for Premiere. Hope it can work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]