ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Scrubbing Painfully Slow in CC2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon ThomasScrubbing Painfully Slow in CC2015
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 1:02:24 am

Hi CC friends,

I was just curious if anyone had any ideas on editing GH4 4k/Sony A7s footage in Premiere with the system I have. I shoot mostly weddings so quickly scrubbing through footage in the source monitor is very important to me because I have to go through 600+ clips for each wedding. I can't scrub through my 4k footage in 1/8 resolution at all. My 1080p footage from my A7s won't even scrub in 1/4 resolution. If I import the same footage into a new project in CC2014 it is completely fine. Once I import the footage to 2015 I'm having the horrendous scrubbing issues again even with a fresh project.

I am also getting the audio input issues expressed in other threads which I can live with if I could actually get anything done. It seems like CUDA could be an issue but then again it's fine in CC 2014 and I have my NVIDIA drivers updated. I've tried switching the media to different drives, as well as clearing the media cache and video previews and switching those to different drives as well. There are some serious issues with 2015 and I don't know where to start troubleshooting. I don't have the ASIO option for audio, I tried the Virtual Audio cable method with no success. I've started fresh with media cache, I've reinstalled CC 2015 clean. I'm having issues with the CPU and memory spiking while scrubbing with 2015 as well. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks so much.

Jon

ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155
Intel Core i7-2600K
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600
750w Corsair PS
Asus Strix Geforce GTX970 4GB
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB SSD (project files/previews)
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (Media Cache)
4TB (2x2TB) Western Digital 7200rmp in Raid 0 (Media)
3TB Seagate internal 7200rpm HD
2TB Seagate Internal 7200rmp HD
4TB Seagate external HD for backups

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]