ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dragon 6k outputting options

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meagan thomasDragon 6k outputting options
by on Jul 5, 2015 at 7:25:05 pm

So, after working with some Red Dragon 6K files, if I want to output a 6K movie, I haven't found many output options for Premiere that will do that.

In fact, the only two that appear to work in my testing are Apple ProRes 444 HQ and Apple ProRes 4444. Doesn't seem that Adobe's implementation of DNxHD does it natively. DPX appears to be limited to 4k. h.264 also allows 4k, but again that's not what I want. Anyone know of others? Anyone else ever done this?

(and to be clear, I am not talking about bringing files in or adjusting sequence settings. Got those dialed, that's not what I'm asking about).

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Dragon 6k outputting options
by on Jul 5, 2015 at 8:31:48 pm

I don't think DNxHD supports anything above a 4k output, and they just added that.

You'll need to use ProRes or other codec for that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Dragon 6k outputting options
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 6:20:14 am

[meagan thomas] " DPX appears to be limited to 4k"

Nope. You must've scrubbed the resolution to some not neatly divisible unsupported x y value. The file sequence formats (jpg, tiff, dpx) can be used with pretty much any resolution.

Return to posts index

meagan thomasRe: Dragon 6k outputting options
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:35:38 pm

So, you can actually output a full 6K movie. You have to output it as ProRes 4444 or ProRes 444 HQ.....hopefully some time in the future when someone else is looking for this answer, they'll find this post....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]