ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Locked in syndrome--can't export or deinterlace a PP file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WithersLocked in syndrome--can't export or deinterlace a PP file
by on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:37:00 pm

Hi folks,
I'm working in PP CC 7.2.2 on a legacy project in OS 8.5, wanting to avoid PP and Mac update issues.
This is a heavily edited 30 minute project based on Apple SD codec shot in wide-screen Canon setting.
I tried using Red Giant Frames to deinterlace, but got crashes, glitches, slow-no response, corrupted clips.
So I gave up on deinterlacing and did an uprez using Red Giant Instant HD to an interlaced 1920x1080 file upscaled a little more to fit the project screen. This looks quite good on my TV connected to PP CC software.
Maybe this was a big mistake, but I used I-frame only MPEG as a preview codec instead of Quicktime.

Now I'm trying again to deinterlace or even just export as an interlaced ProRez file. What I'm aiming for is a ProRez intermediate master and a ProRez file I can project in a theater that is not using DCP.

Thanks for reading so far:-)

Here are some things I've tried to deinterlace or even export.
1. Change sequence settings to progressive.
2. Past the timeline into a new sequence set to progressive.
Results for both: Lots of red lines.
Render command: very quickly, "Error compiling movie. Unknown error."
I try rendering individual clips and short in-out selections. Still no dice.

3. Export through AME directly or from PP CC to a 1080p output.
Result: "Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk full." (I've got 250 Gigs free on internal drive and 750 g on external drive.)

4. Export from PPCC to a 1080 ProRez _interlaced_ output.
Result. Process crashes. Same error messages.

2012 Macbook running 10.8.5 is not overloading CPU or using most of 16G RAM.

Does anyone have ideas? Right now this film seems trapped inside of this PP CC timeline--I can't get it out.
Many thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Locked in syndrome--can't export or deinterlace a PP file
by on Jul 5, 2015 at 5:14:41 am

After many trials of closing/reopening PP CC, closing/reopening the project file, shutting down/restarting computer, trying to render individual clips here and there in the timeline, I finally was able to render the timeline into a progressive sequence with Quicktime/ProRes preview files. No idea how this finally worked. Just relentless pursuit of all variables I could think of. Also no idea what PP did to convert to a progressive file. Throw out every other scan line of the interlaced file? Total mystery. It would be nice to know what kind of deinterlacing PP is doing--throwing out scan lines, blending, motion interpolating--who knows? It seems I now have an uprezed progressive PP CC file that I hope will export to a ProRez intermediate master.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]