ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Reducing Exporting Times

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sammii FullerReducing Exporting Times
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 9:54:15 am

Hey,
I have really bad exporting times on my laptop using Premiere Pro CS6. As an example, I am currently exporting a 25 minute long YouTube HD 1080p 29.97 video which I started 8 hours ago and it still says it got 12 hours to go. I regularly export videos, usually on a daily basis for YouTube. They aren't complex either, with only around four video tracks being used with using effects like RGB colour and Guassian Blur. I have been exporting videos on this laptop for about a year and a half now. I'm not sure if there is some hidden area which you have to clear every so often on Premiere Pro CS6 which will make future videos export times better? I have done it a few times on Preferences -> Media and cleared the cache there (Was shocked to find there was 350Gb hidden there before!). But I'm just wondering whether it's just my laptop dying that is causing this or whether it is just Premiere Pro CS6.
I would like to add, I do usually use the CUDA GPU to export videos, however due to the summer heat it causes my laptop to frequently overheat when exporting so during the summer I am forced to use the CPU. But anyway, here are my specs for my laptop which is an Acer Aspire V3 - 772G.
- Intel Core i7 2.2GHz with turbo boost up to 3.2GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
- 16 GB DDR3 L Memory
- 1TB HDD
I do want to emphasise that before the exporting times were around 3 hours (Which some might consider bad but at least I can do that overnight) but it has just gradually got worse. And that I have gone to Task Manager and changed the priority to high. And that I am queueing it in Media Encoder and exporting it through there (so at least I can still edit the next video if it does get really bad) And also, that I upload videos daily. Which means I desperately need a fix for this since this is no way to work and upload videos. So, I'm looking forward to see your responses and I hope you'll be able to help.
Thank you for your time and if you have any more questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]