ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

relink ALL offline media - how?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paulrelink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 9:37:09 am

So I've opened Premiere and I guess my hard drive wasn't plugged in. Now all my media is offline. I have the hard drive plugged in now - everything is where it always used to be but Premiere doesn't automatically reconnect it.
Now my problem is: I have to click on EACH SINGLE CLIP separately and click on RELINK FOOTAGE. It's all there. Premiere finds it and relinks it but I have to do that with 500 clips. Oh how much fun...
Premiere doesn't tell me: HEY THE FILES THAT ARE ALL WHERE THEY ALWAYS USED TO BE ARE OFFLINE
How do I get this window? How do I tell Premiere to please relink EVERY FILE. I would have assumed that if I relink ONE file it would automatically figure the rest out by itself. I am insanely annoyed by this (as you can probably tell). So THANKS A MILLION for your help

Return to posts index

Michael PaulRe: relink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 9:40:49 am

Oh yeh I have that checkbox that says: Automatically relink all other files as well (or whatever it says in English- it's the second check box for me at least) checked and it doesn't work.
Is there a way to force that "offline media" dialog at start up because that always used to do the trick while once I am in Premiere and stuff is offline it is offline and it will only select that ONE clip that I am relinking by hand...

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: relink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 1:48:18 pm

Select all clips in the Project Window then click on Link Media.
See if that will help.
What kind of files are they?

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Michael PaulRe: relink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 8:25:31 am

yeh that did the trick. its just annoying that i have created a lot of folders because i like to keep things organized. so now i have to go into each folder separately but its works. better than having to click on each file by hand. by the way it's mixed footage: video in all formats, audio and also PSD files.

Return to posts index

Scott ShucherRe: relink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 9:38:25 pm

Is this a "BUG" in CC2015? I can only re-link one at a time now. It used to work just fine!

Return to posts index

Scott ShucherRe: relink ALL offline media - how?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 9:59:19 pm

Problem solved! Not a bug. The media I was re-linking to was .mxf media. The original files were mov files from FCP. By unchecking the "file extension" dialogue box in the "Match File Properties" section, I can now re-link to more than one file at a time.

You can have it good, fast or inexpensive. Pick two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]