ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Project Manager is creating huge project files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Branan EdgensPremiere Project Manager is creating huge project files
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 5:52:24 pm

Version 6.0.5 using a server for all media storage.

Trying to archive old edits. Within Project Manager I select "Create New Trimmed Project", 30 frame handles. I've deleted all older sequences from the project other than the one I wish to trim and manage. The piece is one minute long, has only one video track and a few titles. From experience I know the should trim down to something in the 4-6GB range but nothing I do in the Project Manager window will make the resulting project less than 51GB which is also the size of the one hour file used to create this edit. Any ideas on how to get the Project Manager to delete the unused portions of the clip?

Branan

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Project Manager is creating huge project files
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 6:15:47 pm

Not all formats are project manageable to shorter bits. You'd might want to test the consolidate and transcode feature in the project manager.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Premiere Project Manager is creating huge project files
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 6:49:56 pm

No consolidate/transcode in 6.05. :(

that was added CC2014

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Premiere Project Manager is creating huge project files
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 3:00:22 pm

What is the source format of the clip?

51 GB/hour sounds like ~100 Mbits/sec which could be one of several formats...100 Mbit MPEG2 from a Convergent Design recorder would be long-GOP and therefore not trimmable...DVCProHD is I-frame and would be trimmed.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Premiere Project Manager is creating huge project files
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 9:49:23 pm

What file format(s) are your clips? The Create New Trimmed Project option in CS6 was limited in the number of formats that it could trim. Basically DV and small number of QuickTime codecs. If it was not one of the supported codecs, then it would copy the entire clip, which sounds like what you are seeing.

You could try the trial version of CC2015 (9.0) to see if Consolidate and Transcode meets your needs.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]