ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dynamically linked Premiere Pro sequence into dynamically linked after effects comp

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duncan prestonDynamically linked Premiere Pro sequence into dynamically linked after effects comp
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 7:56:53 am

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with dynamically linked assets in Premiere and After effects.

Not sure if I'm trying to be too clever....I have a sequence in Premiere which I'm dynamically linking into After Effects (so that I can create some camera moves on it and include some editable text for template purposes) and then dynamically linking the comp back into another Premiere sequence (within the same project as the first sequence).
I'm trying to create a one stop shop for my promo producers so that the can edit and grade a sequence, the graphics and moves get automatically added (via link into After effects), and then they can edit the text in premiere.

At the moment, if I update the first sequence, it doesn't update in After Effects and so does not update in the second sequence...am I doing something wrong, do I need to check a box somewhere or am I just trying to be too clever???

Any help would be great!!

thanks
duncan

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Dynamically linked Premiere Pro sequence into dynamically linked after effects comp
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:35:40 pm

Editorial changes from PPro don't go to after effects.

Dynamic link is mostly 1 directional,

A comp from AE can be used in PPro, and changes in AE will show in PPro.

it is possible to create comps in AE where text strings are exposed for changes in PPro...

but editorial changes are not passed dynamically from PPro to AE.

whatever state the edit is in when you use "replace with comp" is the state it arrives in AE. any edit changes on that section would have to happen in AE in order to show in PPro.

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]