ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro-made film, saving on Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam CowardPremiere Pro-made film, saving on Final Cut Pro
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 4:40:12 am

I've edited my first film (ARRI Alexa footage, 1920x1080 24fps) on Premiere Pro on PC. Only problem is the request from producers now is to have it exported as Quicktime ProResXQ.

As the editing (including grading, speed/reverse, transparent layers, etc) has been done on Premiere, I'm hesitant of transfer the project itself to Final Cut Pro and have to minutely check everything over.

Is it possible to export it from Premiere Pro in some way? Eg., as a DPX sequence, and then open the sequence up in Final Cut Pro?

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Premiere Pro-made film, saving on Final Cut Pro
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 4:48:52 am

I found another thread on the COW that talked about how to get XQ in AME. Might be the solution you are looking for (it's the last post).

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/351/1015

Return to posts index

Sam CowardRe: Premiere Pro-made film, saving on Final Cut Pro
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 5:07:34 am

Thank you. I checked out the post and the links- only problem is they're only for Macs. :-(
My options are to open the project in Final Cut on Mac
or to find an export option that I can then import and resave on Final Cut. (As said, would a DPX sequence work?)
I just don't know which is the better path to proceed with...

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Premiere Pro-made film, saving on Final Cut Pro
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 9:35:39 am

Hey Sam,

What version of Premiere Pro are you using?

There are companies offering ProRes codecs for the PC. Even though I am on a PC too, I have never tried them as my suggestion to the client is always that they will be limited in what they can do with the file if it only works on a Mac - that approach works for me, but might not for you.

However, don't know where you are based, but I would find a local supplier with Adobe running on a Mac (in the old days a NLE dry hire company could supply it - these day you may want to speak with an office IT supplier). Transfer the project (files and all) and master out from there.

If you are on Adobe CC you should be able to do a second install for a short time only on a Mac for the purpose of mastering out - just remember to deregister the work-station at the end of project.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]