ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

3 point editing from a string sequence while maintaining native clip info?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher John3 point editing from a string sequence while maintaining native clip info?
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:57:25 am

Hey all,

I am trying to remember something I learned a while ago in Avid school and then applying it to Premiere as well. I would like to quickly add all my rough footage to a sequence and then load that sequence into the viewer so I can scrub through it very fast but when I 3 point edit this into a new version sequence it seems to dump all the native clip info and just assume the string name... This is obviously no good for roundtrippin to davinci or any other output via xml or aaf. Any ideas? Thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: 3 point editing from a string sequence while maintaining native clip info?
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 3:37:41 am

I'm using CC2014, not 2015, so the button placement might not be the same but uder the TC window in the timeline there is a button that looks like the icon for a sequence. If you hover over it it will say "Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips". If it is toggled 'on' then when you edit from a sequence into the timeline the clip you edit in will show up as a nested sequence. If you toggle it 'off' then you will edit the source clip into the timeline.

It sounds confusing but just try toggling the button and I think you'll get the result you desire.

Return to posts index

Christopher JohnRe: 3 point editing from a string sequence while maintaining native clip info?
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 4:20:28 am

Perfect thanks! I thought for sure they would have overlooked this feature but nope they have it too. Way to go ADOBE!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]