ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josie mcclutchieTrim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:42:24 am

Hi,

I know this is has been asked already but previous threads didn't solve my issue. Am new to Premiere Pro CC having just switched from FCP.

I'm trying to perform a simple trim by hovering over the start of the video clip and dragging to the right - with yellow trim tool thing.

There are no clips after it so there is nothing blocking it. Even if there was I should still be able to trim the head of it as I'm not moving or slipping the shot.

Just a simple trim to the head of the clip by dragging the head to the right is all I want to do.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

P.S. Yes there are audio tracks but they're not linked - if that has anything to do with it.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Trim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:28:38 pm

If it is yellow then it is the Ripple Edit Tool and there may be something interfering with the ripple. Choose the Selection Tool (Arrow) and hover over the head of the clip, the trim indicator should be red and should function as you expect.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

josie mcclutchieRe: Trim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:03:07 pm

Thanks for response.

Accidentaly discovered that there are modifier keys that get you to the relevant trim tool. Not just that you have to time it right for when you activate the modifier key. So, if you do want to perform a ripple edit (yellow) then you have to click til you get yellow trim THEN click the Command key. Very, very subtle. It's gonna take some time to get familiar.

Is there a way to turn that all off and just have the standard trim function the whole time? Or not?

Return to posts index

Kannan RaghavanRe: Trim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 1:10:49 am

I chose to auto select the trim tool type under preferences>trim. This kinda works like the smart tool in Avid. The only time I use a shortcut is when I want to slip a shot. The rest works by hovering over the cut point, find it much easier.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

josie mcclutchieRe: Trim blocked on video 1 (trying to perform simple trim by dragging head of clip)
by on Jul 3, 2015 at 1:47:28 am

Thanks a bunch for that tip. Exactly what I was after. Have since turned off the auto select - will see how that goes.

Know where to go now if I want to revert back.

Awesome!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]