ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CC2015 Audio Mute issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian CooneyCC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:17:31 am
Last Edited By Brian Cooney on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:19:02 am

Anyone else having issues muting audio layers in the timeline? I've shut automation off on tracks, trashed preferences, but no luck. My only option is to disable the audio clip itself in the timeline. What happens is, I mute the audio layer and as soon as I click back on the sequence it un-mutes. It won't stay lit/selected on any audio layer.

Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA. Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:42:33 pm
Last Edited By Daniel Waldron on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:43:08 pm

Yep, I get the same problem. If I try unmuting a track, it mutes during playback and vice-versa. I usually end up just not using that track and moving everything on it to a different one. That can be a pain on larger projects though. Hopefully it's fixed in the next update from Adobe.

Return to posts index

Brian CooneyRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:45:31 pm

Glad (or not) that someone else is having this issue. thanks, hopefully we will see an update. Can I ask, what OS are you on? I back installed Mavericks a month ago and was wondering if the OS might have something to do with it. Unless you are on Yosemite.

Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA. Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:49:58 pm

The computer I've noticed it on is running Mavericks. I have PP2015 installed on a machine with Yosemite, so maybe I'll try it out on there when I have the chance and see if the same issue crops up.

Return to posts index

Cory JamesRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 2:43:32 pm

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue, but if I mute/unmute a track while the timeline is playing, the track will stay muted/unmuted. I don't know if that helps, and I didn't know if it was by design for some audio guy reason I was not aware of, but that's what happens for me.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2015 at 5:58:59 pm

wow. thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2015 at 6:03:52 pm

I'm also having issues with audio in the preview monitor. After a few minutes the audio waveform doesn't show up ... just a blank green screen. I have to reboot the program to get it back. Also had an issue on export where after exporting all my audio levels were whacked in the mix. nothing like was was mixed in the timeline. I rebooted and that came back. I wonder if it's a Mavericks/Premiere issue. Wonder if I upgraded to Yosemite would it be fixed. Only problem is, I left Yosemite for Mavericks because I was unable to use CUDA without major issues.

Return to posts index

nat ivesRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 6:25:45 pm

I noticed the problem with audio waveform/empty green screen in the preview monitor. If I grab the zoom tabs and zoom in or out, the waveforms return. Nice "feature"...

Nat Ives
Manager & Lab Instructor
Communication & Media Studies Production Center
University of Southern Maine
Portland, ME
ives@maine.edu
http://www.facebook.com/CMS.Production

Return to posts index

Steven J CaseyRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:24:13 pm

This mute/unmute issue is driving me crazy. I'm on a brand new workstation running Windows 8.1, so I don't think it's an OS thing since you guys aren't on PC. Certainly hope some bug fixes are coming soon because this version seems to be full of problems.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:27:09 pm

I'm about to do one of 3 things... buy a PC, install back to CS6 on mountain Lion, or try Divinci Resolve 12 when it comes out this month.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Mike KirschRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 17, 2015 at 7:57:20 pm

So I don't know if this will help, but I recently updated to Yosemite and ran into the same muting issue today as I was editing. Same thing - If I mute, it unmutes when I press play and vice versa, but if I mute/unmute while playing it sticks. For an unrelated reason, I decided to sync my settings with CC server (under the Premiere Pro CC menu header on Mac), and when I did it asked me to log in (not sure why I was logged out - maybe due to upgrade? But that's a different annoyance.) Once I was logged in, the mute buttons started working as expected.

It's one of those things where the problem is solved, but I don't know why.

Side note: I had also experienced the missing waveform bud mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and that seems to be gone now, too.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 17, 2015 at 8:08:26 pm

well that's hopeful. I will have to try that. :-)

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Jay DantaraRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:55:06 pm

Having the same issues here too, my Production house machines are on Mavericks. If there is a fix, do update!

Return to posts index

Scott O'HaraRe: CC2015 Audio Mute issue
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 12:00:49 am
Last Edited By Scott O'Hara on Jul 24, 2015 at 12:01:48 am

Not sure if anyone is still dealing with this, but I was for the past couple weeks and finally took the time to look it up.

The fix for me was the same as Mike. I synced with cloud, downloaded iCloud settings after signing in through Premiere. It reopened the project and now the mute buttons work fine.

~Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]