ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sequence Setting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry MaoSequence Setting
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 10:53:18 pm

Im just wondering what is the Preview File format / Code under Video Preview in the sequence setting tab.
I shoot my footage with DSLR 1080p 30 f/s and by default, if I just drag the footage to create new sequence, i create I Frame only Mpeg for video preview.

What exactly is a I frame only Mpeg, or should I even be using it,
what's the correct setting for the video preview format, If I change to custom setting, I can have other selection to choose from, but which is the right one to choose

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Sequence Setting
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 5:09:20 pm

[Harry Mao] "what's the correct setting for the video preview format, If I change to custom setting, I can have other selection to choose from, but which is the right one to choose"

Think of this setting not as your preview format, but rather as your "final mastering codec."

So, if someone asked you, "Harry, if you wanted to save your timeline to the best codec possible for archiving, reediting, or repurposing five years from now, what's the proper codec of choice?"

Personally, I would say that Pro Res 422 or Avid DNXHD 135 are pretty decent choices.

Does this make sense?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]