ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kele ToddPremiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:47:03 pm

I'm rendering a video from Premiere Pro CC 2015 at these specs - H264, 29.97 fps, 1920x1080p, VBR 1-pass, match source high bitrate, square pixels. The source file was an mp4, 25 fps, 1920x1080p made with screen capture software (compressed, of course).

The render looks fine at full size and, strangely enough, when viewed on a mobile device (I tried on iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Note3), but when placed in a browser it is automatically re-sized and looks really jagged and pixelated. The small text becomes unreadable at anything other than full size, and as this is a webinar that's kind of the important element. I've rendered a few other webinar files for this client at the same settings, and they look OK (not great, but better than the file that's giving me trouble, anyway).

I've tried exporting at a variety of sizes and frame rates, using a variety of compression methods. I've even tried exporting in the animation codec which generated a 13Gb file, but nothing seems to fix this problem.

Is there something I'm overlooking here?

Thanks.

-Kele

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 8:31:14 pm

Hi Kele,

First, I would discourage the match source settings, you are better off unchecking all and picking your own bit rate. For 1080P and Youtube/Vimeo, you can go 20 Mb/s and above. Not sure what you mean by playing in a browser. Are you uploading it somewhere? It sounds like an issue with whatever player/service you are using.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Kele ToddRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 9:23:13 pm

By "playing in a browser" I mean when I play the video from the client's staging website, or I drag the video straight from my Finder (Mac) into a browser (Safari in my case). I thought it must be the player compression as well, but it looks fine on mobile and in full-screen mode, and other videos I've compressed and posted the same way look OK. Weird.

Thanks for the quick reply, Vince. I'll tinker with those settings.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 3:50:26 am

I wouldn't change the source framerate.

Return to posts index

Kele ToddRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 7:12:02 pm
Last Edited By Kele Todd on Jul 2, 2015 at 7:14:04 pm

Yeah, I thought that might be the trouble too, but this pixelation happens whether I've got the frame rate set at 29.97 or 25 (or 30, or 24, or 23.976...). And the changes suggested above didn't make any difference either.

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

Kele Todd
https://keletodd.carbonmade.com

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 pixelated rendering
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 10:38:27 pm

It sounds like the server you're using renders new sizes for you, much like google and youtube. If that is the case, it may be that there is a problem with the server, possibly an update that ruined the low-res output. Get in touch with the hosting people. See if you can offer your own output files in low res so they don't have to render it for you. There have been a lot of GFX pitfalls lately with rendering and output systems, mostly related to video card drivers and parallel processing of video data. Storage may also be the problem. If you upload a file at 20gb in 1080p, it then gets processed to 13-15gb for 720p, and so on down the resolution line, taking 50-80gb for video storage. Maintain the storage and you'll get better results. Alternatively, if you play a high resolution video at a low resolution, same data but with a low end algorithm for resizing on the fly, it will pixelate, which is why youtube re-encodes several files of output for every input. You set the max resolution, youtube handles the lower res, and quickly. The reason for dropping resolution: Bandwidth. The more speed you have the higher the res you can play back. If bandwidth is a problem, they may be setting it too low for your video to display properly. In that case as well, offer to give them a file that displays properly at that bandwidth; you may have to drop resolution to get a desirable result, but once you find the balance, you can continue to use it.

Check with your hosting. See which method they use and offer to pass along low res files of your own that match their bandwidth, resolution and encoding settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]