ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't access source settings on some R3D clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve KennedyCan't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:21:06 pm

I'm trying to change the source settings on various R3D clips inside Premiere.

On most of them I can right click and select 'Source Settings...' to be able to alter the raw settings on the clip.

But there are some clips where the Source Settings option is greyed out. When I find these clips in the finder, they are most definitely R3D files, with RMD files next to them.

Anyone have any idea why I wouldn't be able to access the source settings for these files?

If I open the same file in After Effects, for example, I can alter their source settings through the 'Interpret Footage' command.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2015 (latest version).

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 2:31:44 am

Select the clip and look in the Effects Controls Panel. Select the Master Clip tab and the R3D dialogue you're looking for will be there.

Return to posts index

Piers Vernon-kellRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 10:20:06 am

I have the same problem. You can access the R3D dialogue in the effects panel but you cant save and copy presets like in Source Monitor. Any Ideas why Source Monitor is unavailable?

Return to posts index

Steve KennedyRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 2:42:10 pm

Exactly the same problem. And it's an issue because I have a preset that I want to copy to a large number of clips all at once.

A bug?

Return to posts index

Andrew DrachmanRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 8:26:28 pm

You can change the source settings by right-clicking on the clip in the Project window.

Return to posts index

Steve KennedyRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Jul 10, 2015 at 2:08:48 pm

Andrew: not being able to do that is exactly the bug/problem we're facing here.

The source settings is greyed out when right clicking on the clip in the Project window.

Never had this problem before the latest release (CC 2015).

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2015 at 1:50:30 am

I'm operating the latest version of Premiere CC 2015 on Yosemite, and it seems to work fine for me when I click on the file itself in the Project window

Return to posts index

Kesten MigdalRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 11:06:21 pm

It used to work for me too, but now it's not. I could right click on the clip in the timeline and select source settings. I discovered that was recently grayed out and I had to right click on the file in the project timeline. Now that is grayed out too. I can't figure out why.

Return to posts index

Tom SmallRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 5:33:41 pm

Same thing is happening to me. Can't get to source settings from project window or timeline anymore in 2015. just tried reinstalling red cine x too.
Anyone have any ideas?

Tom

Return to posts index

by on Sep 5, 2015 at 11:41:53 pm

Welll...now I've run in to the same problem. Can't tell what I did differently from the last time I used RED footage, but sure enough the source settings are grayed out when I right-click on the file in the project window. Anybody figure out how to access them again?

Return to posts index

Tom SmallRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Sep 5, 2015 at 11:58:10 pm

I found out adobe moved the settings in CC 2015. in the effects window you'll see the red source settings under the Master tab. Keep in mind any changes will affect the entire master clip.
Hope that helps

Tom

Return to posts index

Peter SzijartoRe: Can't access source settings on some R3D clips
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 11:35:42 pm

Hey everyone here is a solution to adding a source setting to a bin of clips.

Double click on the clip you want to adjust from the project window bin.

Then go to effect controls. Click on the top left tap and that'll be the masterclip setting. You can adjust there. You can also save a preset (which is saved into the effects window under preset, that you can drag on to a clip on the timeline if you wish).

After you've adjust your red clip (in my case all clips were shot on a white cycc, so they could use the same footage), click on "red source settings" that is in the Effect Controls window.

Then go to your bin of red clips in the project window, select the ones you want to affect, right click, hit paste, voila. You have adjusted the source settings for all those clips!

ALSO, you can right click on a RED clip (or select multiple clips) in your Project Files window, the click on "Disable Masterclip Effects" and you'll have the old source settings option from CC 2014 become ungreyed and available again.

Peter Szijarto Director | Editor | Producer
pigsalreadyfly :: creative & post
http://www.pigsalreadyfly.com

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]