ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Dragging clips into timeline only brings in the audio of that clip - copy and paste works though...?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyDragging clips into timeline only brings in the audio of that clip - copy and paste works though...?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 9:21:04 pm

Hi guys, I know this has been questioned about in one way or another but not sure it has been addressed in this way. I am not finding the answer.

Basically, I have a sequence with an HD spec to it and I'm dragging in a Quicktime clip (this particular clip is encoded with PhotoJPEG) to it's timeline from the project palette but it won't place in the timeline. I get the circle with line through it on my cursor...however, the audio will place fine.

Confusing thing is if I create a sequence out of the clip in question (or any clip that has the same issue), go into the new sequence and copy the clip. I can then go into my original sequence and paste the copied clip. This is a very frustrating hurdle when you're used to a speedy workflow.

Can anyone provide some light to this one?

Thanks much,
Brian

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Dragging clips into timeline only brings in the audio of that clip - copy and paste works though...?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 9:22:24 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Jun 29, 2015 at 9:24:20 pm

Did you source patch the track (for inserts and overwrites)?

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Brian MurphyRe: Dragging clips into timeline only brings in the audio of that clip - copy and paste works though...?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 11:02:43 pm

Thanks for that, Ann.

I looked at a tutorial for source patching and it made sense. Went back into my Premiere project and made it work.

I'm just not understanding why you have to designate the tracks on which you want to place things...I don't remember dealing with that before (unless it just defaulted to being turned on for both video and audio tracks). Seemed like we could always just drag the clip to wherever we wanted and it would place it there.

Anyway, thank you for that!

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Dragging clips into timeline only brings in the audio of that clip - copy and paste works though...?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 11:22:29 pm

[Brian Murphy] "Seemed like we could always just drag the clip to wherever we wanted and it would place it there."

Hi Brian,
The tracks become unpatched in certain circumstances, leading to his confusion, and that seems like a bug. It leads to a lot of customers having the identical problems. We even have a FAQ for this.

Let me investigate further as to why this happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]