ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blaise DourosAnybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:58:00 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:59:43 pm

Hey all,
I am having an issue that is new to me in CC2015; periodically, I run out of application memory, and I get this dialog box (with the exception that Premiere is red, and has the word "Paused" next to it):

System:
Late 2013 iMac
3.4 GHz Core i5
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M, 2 Gb
Yosemite 10.10.3
Second monitor connected via Thunderbolt. No other peripherals except hard drives and headphones.

This has been happening no matter what media I use (I have a mix of AVCHD h.264 and XAVC media, but it happens even on sequences that are exclusively one kind of media, without discrimination). As you can see, I'm not running a ton of apps in the background, and never had the problem before CC2015.

EDIT: It seems to happen to me more often when I scrub around a lot in the timeline.

Please, no trolling about how this is what I get for supporting the CC business model or whatever.

Anyone else seeing this, have a solution, or perhaps Kevin Monahan can chime in?

Return to posts index

Tom MetcalfeRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 10:10:44 pm

Yes, I am having this issue too. The new 2015 is using all of my 16 gigs of memory with a very simple project.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 12:30:57 am

Yes, this is the bit that is getting me. On simple projects, it takes a lot longer to happen, but on complex projects, I am having to restart Premiere every hour or so. Maybe a memory leak of some kind.

Or maybe it's PP's way of telling me to get off my butt for a couple minutes and stretch my legs :)

Glad to know that I'm not the only one. Not glad, obviously, that others are experiencing the issue, since it's a bugger!

Return to posts index

Veronica WhiteRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 28, 2015 at 10:01:47 am

I ran out of ram 1 min and 20 seconds into a project. Added another 4Gb of ram and it still won't let me complete the project.

Return to posts index

Vicky RyderRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 10:56:26 pm

Yes, I encountered this last night while in the new Lumetri panel. Haven't tried much else in PPRo 2015. I am on an iMac 5k with 32 GB! And I'm told it's not a legit memory error. I will be digging in more later tonight but wanted to "second the motion" on your error. I believe it is a bug but will come back with what I find out.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2015 at 11:35:00 pm

And yes, it happened to me when I started making changes via Lumetri panel while clip was playing / I was scrubbing. Didn't have the issue when working on a particular frame.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2015 at 4:23:17 pm

Kevin Monahan has confirmed over in the Adobe forums that this is a memory leak caused by the Lumetri Scopes. It seems that closing this panel should allow us to work smoothly until it's color correction time.

They are working on a fix. In the meantime, we can file bug reports here.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:28:59 pm

Thanks. Lumetri is one issue. People are reporting memory leaks with other processes and plugins. For the record, I hadn't tried much else besides Lumetri, but I do hope my problem is limited to that known issue. I will do more testing later and file a bug report. (And reply to that thread.)

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:06:21 pm

Yeah, even without Lumetri running, it's still happening for me, but it takes longer. I'll be filing one, as well.

Return to posts index

Frankie OsRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Oct 10, 2015 at 11:27:01 am

I am having the same issue on 2 different imacs with similar yet different OS:

Imac 27 inch (late 2011)
12 GB on Yosemite
Mostly used for rendering in the background

Imac 27 5k (late 2014)
12 GB on El Capitan
Editing / rendering etc etc

I am mostly working on multi screen audio visual installations. This means that I am working on strange timeline formats such as 3X1920 in width X 1080 in height for composition. usually those files would be split to 3 X 1080 p. This workflow has been working for years and been conducted without any single preview or export problem up until CC 2015.
This was an extremely well maintained system with PPro + Adobe media Encoder and OSX.
Files that i have exported many many times before suddenly pose a huge problem. I get errors about memory on both, PPro and media Encoder:

At a crash the activity monitor shows this:

My current solution is: split the files that I export into chunks, set the preferences of PPro to "optimize for memory" and export from Premiere Pro one by one.

Needless to say that this is killing my workflow. Both computers were blocked for 3 days just finding ANY feasable solution. The source of this problem however remains unclear. No lumetri used here!

HELP!?

Return to posts index

Jeremy NivisonRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 12:19:02 am

Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue when exporting a short video with ultra key and a few other effects.

Return to posts index

timothy GeraghtyRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:09:44 pm

Any updates on this? Having the same trouble myself, whenever I'm trying to export or work in more than two of the Adobe CC programs at once or when I try to export a layered premiere sequence using AME i get the following message. (Notice activity monitor).

Simple sequences work ok sometimes. I may also try and break into chunks and export but this will kill my workflow for sure. I'm fine if it takes 10 hours to render as long as I can count on it to work.

I've contacted abobe and they said to move third-party plugins out of pref's but still having trouble.

TIM

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 25 MB
Memory: 64 GB
Boot ROM Version: MP61.0116.B16
SMC Version (system): 2.20f18
Illumination Version: 1.4a6

Return to posts index

Jaap H. BoerhofRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 10:26:02 am

Today there is a new version of Premiere Pro CC available: CC 2015.1
This update It has quite a list of improvements as can be seen here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/9-1-bug-fixes.html
We know this update fixes a memory leak when using 3rd party video transitions and several other effects.

Return to posts index

Brian CooneyRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:56:45 pm

this just started happening to me this past week.. I installed the latest Adobe updates today so maybe that will fix it. I did notice (I'm running Yosemite) that i didn't have NVIDIA Web Driver selected but OSX default graphics driver.. must have changed it by accident in the desktop menu dropdown... wondering if that had something to do with it.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:08:31 pm

If possible, could everyone try the CC 2105.1 (9.1) update? There were fixes in 9.1 related to effects memory leaks.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Aj KochRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 18, 2015 at 9:47:48 am

This exact issue popped up immediately AFTER I upgraded to 2015.1. No problems with the prior version of 2015.

I'm not using Lumetri scopes. I am working in a rather large project, and it takes a few hours of work before I see the error. I'm using native .mxf files, but working in a timeline configured for ProRes422. Editing 23.976 footage in a 29.97 DF timeline.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

I have allocated 48 GBs to Adobe products in preferences, leaving 16 GBs for the rest of my processes. Have tried setting rendering optimized to both "Performance" and "Memory" with the same errors.

Submitted a bug fix form. Please do what you can to fix this leak. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan PoduskaRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 8:22:21 pm

AJ, I just spent a couple of days on tech support (and numerous technicians) with Adobe concerning this same issue I was having. It turns out that the cause of the problem is the Intel Iris graphics card. Even though Adobe has it listed on their supported system requirements, they said that you need a bigger graphics card to render your project that has ANY effects placed on it. So the two options you have is to either bypass the graphics card or upgrade the graphics card to a supported NVIDIA card. To bypass the graphics card for rendering, go to File > Project Settings > General and change the "Video Rendering and Playback" to "Mercury Playback Engine SOFTWARE ONLY" setting. This bypasses the graphics card and everything renders just fine regardless of what effects are used in the project.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 29, 2016 at 10:08:35 pm

Man.. I did something last month that I thought I'd never do. I bought a PC after using mac since 2001. I actually love it. PPro is rock solid on it. It feels like FCP7 used to on the Mac. After all the issues I've had with my Macs and Adobe over the last 2 years. I'm finally glad I made the switch.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Lionel JohnsonRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 6:54:50 pm

I had the same problem, I've been to an apple store and they told me to uninstall the adobe cloud and reinstall it.. I did it and it used to work well for 2months but now the problem is back I don't know what to do!

System

Late 2013 MacBookPro
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Return to posts index

Gary HegenbartRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Dec 23, 2015 at 5:23:28 pm

I was having issues with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. I updated both apps and it seems to have resolved the issue. My PP version is now 9.1.0 (174) build. I exported a 30 min project from Premiere with Activity Monitor open and the highest RAM usage I saw was just under 7GB.

I use a MacBook Pro (2013) with 16GB.

Return to posts index

David NotowitzRe: Anybody else running out of memory with CC2015?
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:29:14 pm

I'm having these exact same problems with my MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012), and it's several versions later of Premiere. (I'm still running OS 10.10.5, and I have 16GB of memory and an Nvidia GeForce GT 650M and 1024 MB).

Anyone have a permanent solution for this? If I upgraded to the newest OS would that solve the issue?
Thank you!
All the best,
David

NCAVF, The National Center for Audio and Video Forensics
http://www.NCAVF.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:34:44 pm

i had it for awhile but not seeing it anymore.. I upgraded to El Capitan and also began using the NVIDA web drivers as opposed to the NVIDIA OSX default gfx driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]