ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

VO track in timeline, but audio missing in PP2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WattVO track in timeline, but audio missing in PP2015
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:17:36 pm

I'm rebuilding a one hour show and was nearly finished yesterday. When I opened the program this morning, non of my music nor VO would play back. The clips were there, but no waveform nor sound. When I double clicked the VO clip in the project window nothing happened.

I took one of the clips offline then attempted to relink it to the source clip and received an error message:
"An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file: /Users/jamespwatt/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Media Cache Files/Hawaii-7 6-16.wav 48000.cfa". This message incidentally disappears quickly so finally had to take a picture of it so I could copy the message.

I went outside premier and opened the clip in iTunes and it plays back fine. I exported one of the source files through ME as a test and get the same results.

I've deleted the media cache several times, restarted PP, trashed Preferences & restarted computer and PPCC.

I was able to reconnect all my music, but not my VO and I'm in a quandary how to get this accomplished.

This project is from an older version of Premier Pro CC, not sure which, but about a year ago.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Incidentally the program has been working great until now.

Thanks....Jim Watt

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Mac HD/3 TB Fusion
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing
Write Speed: 328 MB/s
Read 333.7 MB/s
4TB G-Raid
Write 245.9
Read 258.0
Premier Pro CC 2015
2 additional HDMI Monitors
AJA T-Tap

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Jim WattRe: VO track in timeline, but audio missing in PP2015
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:55:30 pm

So this scenario gets stranger and stranger.

I have a copy of my original timeline which was edited in an earlier version of PP, but I don't know exactly which one, but it was about a year ago.

I decided since I was having issues with disappearing audio, I'd export each track of my original and marry them up with the new program. First I restored the music track in the original, then I exported a mix minus and M & E tracks...easy since I had no VO anyway.

Opened new repair project, imported the to tracks I had just exported and each was as expected. Payed them into the timeline. Closed the project and reopened original to export a nat sound only track, just as protection in case I needed more in repaired show.

Reopened the project in which I had just imported the mix minus and M & E tracks and they are now both blank...no waveforms and no audio. I can open them in iTunes and the play fine. When I opened this project I did get several warning boxes telling me that the same error that I received before, but specific to these files was occurring: "An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file: /Users/jamespwatt/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Media Cache Files/(whatever file I was using).wav 48000.cfa".

I'm removing 2015 & going back to 2014 until another version is released. It's just a little curious that I have seen no other posts with this problem>

Thanks...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]