ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin VandenbosschePremiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:43:49 pm

Hello reader,

I've been having a significant increase in audio pops/noise and drops (+ corresponding warning message, the new yellow warning at bottom right) after updating to CC 2015.

It occurs just when the playhead passes the start of audio clips (effects, music, WAV or MP3, happens with both). Often resetting the playhead and playing again solves the issue temporarily. However it is very annoying when trying to watch a piece with a client or producer.

The Media Cache is writing to a fast Thunderbolt drive or to local (SSD) drive. Media is either on a USB 3.0 7200rpm external drive or thunderbolt drive.

Anyone know of any workarounds/preferences that might help?

Thanks a lot!
Merlin

Return to posts index

Parker Fawson, JrRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:07:57 pm

Plus 1. I've had the same issue with random clicks and pops during playback since updating to Premiere Pro CC 2015. The same clicks and pops are also translating to exports now. Very frustrating. Any help resolving this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Parker's System Profile:

- 2010 Mac PRO (8-Core)
- 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
- 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
- 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
- OS X 10.10.3

Return to posts index

Kevin SnyderRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 6:45:48 am

There is thread on Adobe where a lot of people are finding the same problem. Here is what I find that works for me:

I found on my project that if I mark every audio track as "solo" it would render without any pops. So, if you have X number of Audio tracks, click the "S" for all of them... Does that trick work for anyone else?

Return to posts index

Stephanie BrownRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 8:50:28 pm

Yes, this trick just saved me! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Paul ForgétRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 9:31:32 pm

Solo button didn't work for me, but thank you.

I did try exporting from Premiere Pro CC 2015 directly rather than using AME. It worked once, but not consistently. This seems to be quite intermittent.

Return to posts index

Scott SniffenRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jul 17, 2015 at 2:12:47 pm

Same issues, freezing, audio pops, sluggish, etc. Is anyone aware of a bug fix?

This is happening on new projects in PP CC 2015. Is there a way to migrate back to 2014 and open 2015 projects?

Thanks,
Scott Sniffen
Mac Pro PP 2015

Scott Sniffen
Sniffen Digital Cinema
http://www.sniffen.com

Return to posts index

Jeff FriahRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Jul 17, 2015 at 5:59:53 pm

Wow. Thank you cows! I just came here to post about this very issue after the 5th full-volume in my headphones snap...

I contacted Adobe Support yesterday and it's a known issue. Their only recommendation other than 'trying not to wear headphones when editing' -- I work in an open environment office and it's a courtesy and necessity actually, most days...

...was to Export XML and import it into CC2014 to do media exports. Nothing for helping the immediate issue while editing.

I'll try the above suggestions.

SIDE NOTE ---- anyone else finding that it glitches in the fact that it will mute/unmute based on what you've clicked while playing?

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Will DuncanRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 6:54:36 pm

We have over 50 Adobe CC licenses and a full crew working on a multi episode television production and everybody who is exporting multichannel audio is having the problem. I wish I could say I've narrowed it down to hardware or a configuration, but the reality is, it's a bug in the software as far as I can tell.

We were aware of the audio pop problem going into production, but I never assumed 2 months down the road Adobe would still be radio silent about the problem. Customer Support instructs me to file a ticket. Filing a ticket just leads me to the Adobe forums, and the forums are just full of people explaining the same problem while customer support says to file a ticket.

For our needs, we're exporting audio out for mastering as an OMF and bringing it back into a timeline with a baked video in 2014. Far from ideal, but it works.

If we didn't have a ton of effects inside a complex multicamera production, exporting an XML and opening in CC 2014 does work, it's just a little leg work to polish the timeline back up. I also lose my project organization structure, which is annoying when there are multiple hands working on a single project / production.

Return to posts index

Tom ReedRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:42:34 pm

I'm a bit late, but I just found this thread Googling for help with this issue. I've found something that has completely fixed it, at least for me.

Personally, I had the issue between the 20-30 voice clips that were all on the same track. It turns out they all need the same effects, so that is what makes this solution simple for me. (I do have other audio tracks, like music, and a separate voice track for the interview shots, but I don't get a pop/drop between the 2 voice tracks). I used the answer Adobe gave to a question about delay with the Denoiser effect, here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/5385287 Interestingly, the answer was given in 2013. But it still works for 2015 version.

With that said, I have multiple effects on the track, not just Denoiser. I used Dynamics and a couple others and it works great. Not only is the pop/drop gone, but the Denoiser and other effect delays have been eliminated as well.

If you have voice-over audio clips that need to have different effects, so that they cannot be on the same track with the same exact effects, and STILL get the pop/drop, you could feasibly fix this issue by sorting all your clips into a few "buckets", in other words having 3-5 tracks with effects applied, and slipping the clips into one of those 3-5 tracks, whichever effects they match best. This would at the very least minimize the pop/drop occurrence.

Return to posts index

Harrison GruberRe: Premiere Pro 2015: Audio pops/drops in timeline
by on May 23, 2016 at 8:48:56 pm

Export Audio as an AIFF and re-import then export media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]