ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moving PP 2015 projects from computer to hard drive?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy DavidMoving PP 2015 projects from computer to hard drive?
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 4:18:24 pm

I don't know if this will work again, I come from Final Cut Pro. Anyway, I used the old version of Premiere and this did not work but something happened and I want to know if its normal.

I did a project, in which the original video and audio files were in folders all over my computer, it was not organized, it was not in a parent folder with the project and scratch files.. NOTHING. Well, I moved all the folders, in no organized order, as well as the project to the an external drive once I was done editing. Since it's faster to edit on my internal SSD.

To my surprise, even after I deleted all the stuff from my computer, it knew where everything was. I didn't have to relink the footage. It knew where the footage and audio was on the new hard drive, even though it wasn't even in the same order as on my computer.

Is this something new in the 2015 version? How did it get that smart or did I do something I don't know about? I didn't use project manager, these are the full regular files, not the archived files or anything. If this continues to work I will organize it better and then use Chronosync to backup the main hard drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]