ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Secondary color correction no longer works after Lumetri?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy DavidSecondary color correction no longer works after Lumetri?
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 4:12:04 pm

After color grading with the new color panel, I pull up the 3 way color corrector, I turn on everything, I don't change anything in the master, I then go to the second correction and pick the color I want to edit, such as skin tones. I use the mask and the mask shows up that I got all the area after some tweaking.

YET, when I hit the sliders after that it does nothing, I can turn the saturation all the way down and wait forever and it won't do anything, I can change the hue and it won't do anything either.

Can this tool be used after or does it have to be used before or something? I have a really fast Mac, i7 Quad Core, nice video card, running 3 displays on it, a lot of ram, editing on all SSD. I know this can't be the problem. I really need to edit specific parts of the footage.

I know how to do a secondary color correction in Lumetri but it has no tools like that with an eye dropper. It just has regular mask. As far as I could see anyway.

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Secondary color correction no longer works after Lumetri?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 3:21:16 am

I tested and had no issue using Lumetri Color and 3 way Color Secondaries ( skin tone adjustment) on same clip.

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CC2014 Suite, Resolve
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

Grant Van ZutphenRe: Secondary color correction no longer works after Lumetri?
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 11:48:04 pm

I've just had the same issue. The 3 Way Color Corrector needs to be applied before the Lumetri effect. It's a bit counterintuitive, but you can use the YUV vectorscope while adjusting the skin tones with the 3 Way to ensure skin is the right hue. Hopefully Adobe addresses this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]