ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Update apps or new installs?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryUpdate apps or new installs?
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:45:45 pm

I'm about to download PPCC 2015, and excited to get going with it, and i usually just download apps separately so i have full downloads/installs of each version in case i need to roll back to one (haven't had to do that very often though), but now see "update all apps" which says it will update and delete older versions.

I know my old way is obviously safer, but do you guys do the update all option???

Happy with the 2015 suite so far? I'm perusing a few posts and it looks pretty solid for the most part. Is it faster (AME mainly, i mean)?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Update apps or new installs?
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:26:29 pm

I'm very happy with the 2015 apps, but would definitely keep the previous version handy just in case. There are a few minor but annoying bugs I've run into so far (waveform won't update without closing and reopening window, audio channels unmute by themselves, etc.) , but overall the improvements have been great. Watch out for plugin and effects compatibility too; I've run into a few that I've had to update and some companies haven't released updates yet.

Return to posts index

tad newberryRe: Update apps or new installs?
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:57:16 pm
Last Edited By tad newberry on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:18:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, Daniel. I will then keep my oldies and download the new as well. But, now that i look at the Cloud again, it seems my ONLY choice is to "update" (erasing the old) and no "download/install" as with previous versions. Any ideas to get around this?

Doh! found it..."advanced options", deselect "remove old versions"

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Update apps or new installs?
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:23:11 pm

Ah, glad you found it. They don't make it too obvious.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]